QuickBooks users can efficiently save copies of QB company files and prevent data loss. In the cases of data damage, it is vital to carry the backup copies of the QuickBooks company file so that you can easily restore the backup of the QB company file and proceed with your work.
Intuit Data Protect is designed to help you auto-create the backup of data files in QuickBooks. You can set up the schedule, and based on that, and the Intuit Data Protect tool creates the backup of the data files in QuickBooks. Suppose you have not created the backup of the company file recently, and due to some issues, you lost the data, then you have to get in touch with our Intuit Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors for the quick resolution to recover the data loss.
Steps To Create The Backup Of QuickBooks Company File
- Ensure to switch to the single-user mode. To do this, navigate to the File option and click on Switch to single-user mode.
- Navigate again to File options, select Backup Company, and click on Create Local Backup.
- In this window, click on Browse to determine the location where you wish to store the backup file.
Important Note: We recommend you to save the backup files in the folder other than the primary folder of your system. This is helpful because if your system gets corrupted, the backup will not be affected.
- Check all the available options in this section and choose the one that suits you the most. Once you select the appropriate option, tap on the Ok button.
- Check the Add the date and time of the backup to the file name (recommended) box to sort the company files for your convenience.
- If you want to set the limit of the number of backup files, check the Limit the number of backup copies to this folder to box. This is good to save space in your system.
- In case you want the reminders to create the backup of the company file, you can check the Remind me to back up when I close my company files every _ times box. You just have to set a convenient frequency.
- Select the required options to cross-check the data while saving. It is true that the backup process can speed up if you skip such options. However, we suggest you to choose these options to prevent any kind of data damage to your QB company file. Such options are given below:
- Complete verification (highly recommended)
- Quicker verification.
- No verification.
- Hit the next button in the Create Backup section.
- Select the one option from the following:
- Save it now
- Only future schedule backups
When You Choose The Save It Now Option
The system will ask you to assign the location for the backup file. In most of the cases, the backup file gets saved in the previously specified location. You have the option to alter this location.
When You Choose Save It Now And Schedule Future Backup Or Only Schedule Future Backups
- In order to save backups when you shut the file, you have to check the Save backup copy automatically when I close my company file box. You can set the frequency based on the number of times the QB is closed.
- Hit the New button to allow QuickBooks to save the backups on the assigned schedule. Give all the details for your schedule, location, and set the options for the times and days when the backup is supposed to be done.
- When you are done providing all the information, tap on Ok and finish.
Steps To Clear The Memory Used By QuickBooks Backup Temporary Folders
The Job Of The QBBackupTemp Files
- When the backup is in the process, this folder manages the storage space for the QB file components.
- When the backup is done, this folder is automatically deleted.
What Would Save The QBBackup File Loss?
- Generally, the windows user doesn’t have permission to delete the files in this location. Basically, Windows allows the folder creation but does not allow it to delete it.
- To delete the folder, you can call the system administrator or simply set the windows permissions.
Is It Possible To Delete QBBackup File?
Yes, it is possible to delete these temp folders. In case you want to erase the files from these folders, you can locate the folder at C:\Users\Public\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files.
Which Components Are Saved In The Backup File?
The backup saves everything that is necessary to restore your QuickBooks company file. The main motto of the backup file is to re-generate the same QuickBooks environment that consists of templates, letters, logos, and images related to your company files.
In case you use the QuickBooks features such as QuickBooks Statement Writer, Cash Flow Projector, Business Planner, and Loan manager, these files are also backed up in this file. The backup files are saved with .qbw extension.
Is It Possible To Backup Or Restore Data For Particular Range In QuickBooks?
It is not possible in QB. The backup is only created within the QB company data file.
Is It Possible To Create The Backup Of Multiple Company Files In QuickBooks?
You can create the backup of the only company that you have opened in the backup and restore wizard. You have to perform the same steps for other company files if you want to create a backup of them.
Are Payroll Tax Forms Also Backed Up In QuickBooks Company File Backup?
The payroll tax forms do not get backed up.
What To Do If You Want To Send The Backup Of Company File To Your Accountant Or Bookkeeper?
General Method: You can print the form and fax it to the accountant or the bookkeeper, or if you use the QB enhanced payroll, you can save the file in the pdf format and send it through the email.
Advanced Method: You can send the folder that includes the forms and the backed up data files to your accountant. This will allow your accountant to review and modify the tax forms.
You can perform the following actions to secure your data:
- Go to the folder where you have saved the company and file. Find the folder with the [name of your company]TaxForms.
- Ask your accountant to save the tax forms folder in the exact same folder where the company file is saved. Otherwise, the QB will not be able to manage your tax forms if the folder is not where the company file is.
- Once the accountant sends the company file back, ask him/her to send the tax forms folder, too. You will not be able to see any changes in case they do not send that folder.
Is It Possible To Create Backup Without Setting Options Each Time?
If you have created the Company file backup recently, it is possible to create the backup without setting options the next time. You can keep the same options and directly click on the finish button and skip setting the options for the current backup.
Is It Possible To Merge backups In The Other File?
It is not possible to merge the backup files with other files. We recommend you to use the accountant’s copy if you want to send/receive the data with your accountant.
24×7 QuickBooks Technical Assistance
The given steps will help you create a backup of your QuickBooks Company File easily. The backup of your company file is very helpful in the events of data loss. If you face any issues while creating the QB Company file backup, avail the technical assistance from our highly-experienced and renowned QuickBooks ProAdvisors of Dialsupportnumber through our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-644-7717.