QuickBooks company file is the most important part of QuickBooks Desktop because it stores all your financial data. However, the data damage threat is a common but one of most complicated issue in QuickBooks because you can even your entire database. You need to ensure the health of your data for smooth functionality of your business. If you ever come across such issues, make sure you resolve it as soon as possible because ignoring these issues can affect your business badly.
In this article, we will be deeply discussing about the possible solution for data damage issues in QuickBooks Desktop. We recommend you reading this full article carefully even if you are not facing issues in your data because this article will also tell you how you can keep your data away from damages and corruptions. You can also connect with our data services team QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1800-801-4164 for instant QuickBooks support.
Pro Tip: To keep your data away from corruption or to avoid any kind of data loss, we recommend you creating a backup of your company files on a regular basis. So, whenever you face any issues with your data, you can restore it from the backup file and then start using it without any issues. You can use multiple platforms to create a backup such as the Intuit Data Protect or the Rebuild Utility. You can also use some third-party backup applications but make sure they are compatible with QuickBooks.
Before performing the solution steps, there are few key points that you need to keep in your mind, and they are as follow:
- Use the Verify Utilities on the server.
- Now, run the Rebuild Utility and save a backup of your company file.
How To Resolve The Data Damage Issue in QuickBooks?
Basically, there are two main solutions to resolve the QuickBooks Data Damage issues and recover the lost data. You need to perform the steps in the shown sequence for best results. If the first solution resolves your issue, you don’t need to go to the next one. Steps to resolve QuickBooks Data Damage Issues are as follow:
Step 1: Run The Rebuild Utility
- From the File menu of QuickBooks, go to Utilities > Rebuild Data.
- You will be asked to create a backup of your data. Click on Yes.
- Now, you may get the QuickBooks is not responding error during the process. Don’t do anything, just wait for the process to get finished.
- Once the process finishes, you will get a message that says “Rebuild has completed and proceed with the next step”, click on OK.
Step 2: Run The Verify Utility
- From the File menu of QuickBooks, go to Utilities > Verify Data.
- Wait for the process to get finished. If you get the message stating QuickBooks detected no problem with your data, your issue is now resolved and you can continue with working on your company file.
- If any error is identified, you will be asked to Rebuild Data again. Perform the Step 1 again to complete it.
- Click on Close.
Very Imp.: If reviewing QBWIN.log file doesn’t identify any issue, follow the steps provided below:.
- Locate the QBWIN.log or QuickBooks.log files
Important: Send the log file to data service team of Intuit if you are taking assistance from any support agent. With this, the support agent will be able to check your log files because the file will be sent to a repository.
- Open the log file in notepad and press Ctrl + F keys.
- Locate the lines where the LVL_Error is mentioned and copy that to QuickBooks Help Window. You will be shown that there are Data Data Top LVL errors library.
- Follow the steps provided on the screen to resolve the issue.
Note: It is suggested to run the QuickBooks Verify & Rebuild Utility on a regular basis to keep you data away from any possible errors in your data.
QuickBooks Data Damage Support
Data damage issues in your QuickBooks Desktop should be resolved by following the steps provided in this article. You should now be able to work on your QuickBooks company file to take your business forward. Make sure you there are no virus or malware attack on your system as this can also affect your QuickBooks data. If you are still not able to resolve the issues or you are finding difficulties while resolving, you can contact our technical support department at QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-801-4164 toll-free for instant QuickBooks support.