QuickBooks is very advanced accounting software which makes users perform their task very fast and accurately. It has a very easy user interface which even a novice can use without any interruption. Company File is a very prominent part of QuickBooks. All the data is stored in the company file. Sometimes you have to delete those data for some reasons. Here in this article, we will learn to Delete A Company File in QuickBooks. If you are looking for any kind of assistance then you can contact QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-306-4146.
How to Delete a Company File in QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, and Enterprise) in Windows Operating System?
The procedure to delete a company in QuickBooks is as simple as locate the company file in your system and delete it. If you want to know how to find the location of the company then follow the below two steps:
Step 1: Locate the Company File to be Deleted
You can follow the below-listed steps in order to locate the company file to be deleted from the system:
- Open QuickBooks and open File menu
- Select Open or Restore Company.
- Choose Open a Company File and then Click on Next.
- Choose the file to be deleted and then select Open.
- Press F2 key on the keyboard to open the information window. It will display the File information and file location.
- The location path will look like C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files\FileName.qbw
- Close QuickBooks and then Exit.
Step 2: Delete The Company File
- Go to the company file location as earlier.
- Now right click on your company file to be deleted and press Delete.
- Open QuickBooks again and choose Edit List button.
- Mark the Hide box on the file which was just deleted. The file is now deleted and you cannot view it in No Company Open window.
How to Delete a Company from QuickBooks Mac?
Deleting a company file from QuickBooks Mac is similar to QuickBooks Windows editions. The procedure is the same as locating the company file and deleting it. If you don’t know how to locate the company file on QuickBooks Mac then follow the below steps:
Step 1: Locate the Company File to be Deleted:
- Open the company file, in the QuickBooks, which you want to delete.
- Open Help in the menu bar at the top and then choose Product Information.
- In the new window, note down the file location.It will look like Documents > Intuit > QuickBooks > Company Files > (the name of your file).
- Close the window.
Step 2: Delete the Company file:
- Open the location of the company file as you have noted down earlier.
- Select the company file which you want to delete and drag it to the trash bin.
- Now delete the files (.dmg) with the disc image for the same company you just deleted. These files are the back up of the company file.
- Your deleted file is now in the trash bin of the system. For deleting it permanently from the system, delete the company files from the trash bin.
How to Delete a Company from QuickBooks Online?
If you have set up a company file which is not 60 days old then you can delete all the existing data and start from the beginning. However, if your company file is set up for more than 60 days then you have to cancel the current company and start a new company for starting from scratch.
Step 1: Process To Delete Company File Of Less Than 60 Days
- Log in to your QuickBooks Online company and modify the URL to include /purgecompany
- The next screen will show you a summary of items to be deleted.
- Type Yes when you understood that the data will be deleted.
- Click OK.
- If the shown industry type is different then feel free to change it.
- Mark the option whether you want the system to create your industry based account or start with an empty chart of accounts.
- When you have finished your selection then choose Wipe Data.
When the deletion is over then you will be redirected to Home Page.
Step 2: Process To Delete Company File Of More Than 60 Days
- Log in to your QuickBooks Online company and click on the gear icon at the top right of the screen where your company name is displayed.
- Choose Account and Settings under your Company.
- Now click on Billing & Subscription in the left of the new screen
- Choose Cancel at subscribed tab.
Now you cannot operate your company file but still, you can view your information till they are deleted by Intuit within few months.
How To Get Technical Support
You can contact QuickBooks Tech Support Number +1800-306-4146 if you need any assistance while performing the above steps. Our technical experts will get in touch with you within a few minutes and resolve your QuickBooks issues instantly. Our experts are very skilled and highly experienced as they deal with QuickBooks errors on a daily basis. You can also contact them on QuickBooks Live Chat Support anytime as they are working 24×7 round the clock to provide you assistance.