QuickBooks 2017 Versions Expired: Upgrade To The Latest Edition Now
Intuit has recently announced that they will be discontinuing the QuickBooks Desktop 2017 products after May 31st, 2019. As a user, you would not be able to benefit from the add-on services for QuickBooks desktop 2017 versions for both windows and mac.
As the leading QuickBooks Tech Support Service provider, we feel it is our responsibility to notify our readers via email, chat and blog posts. You should always be aware of any changes that are done to QuickBooks as they directly impact your business. You can choose to dial the toll-free QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1800-306-4146 to get in touch with the reliable QuickBooks ProAdvisors of Dialsupportnumber.
QuickBooks Versions That Are Getting Discontinued
|Fully supported products||Products for which services will be discontinued after May 31, 2020|
|QuickBooks Desktop Pro and Premier 2020, 2019, 2018||QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2017QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2017 (General Business, Contractor, Manufacturing & Wholesale, Nonprofit, Professional Services, and Retail)|
|QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 20, 19, 18||QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 17|
|QuickBooks Desktop Accountant 2020, 2019, 2018||QuickBooks Premier Accountant Edition 2017|
|QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 18.0||N/A|
What does service discontinuation mean?
After May 31, 2019, users won’t be able to use the add-on services or get QuickBooks Technical Support Services for QuickBooks 2017 (Pro, Premier, Enterprise) versions. This means that your access to QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Services, Live Support, Online Backup, Online Banking, and other services will be restricted post May 31, 2020.
If you want to get more information about the QuickBooks products that will be discontinued then get in touch with our QuickBooks Support Team.
Services That Won’t Work After May 31, 2020
- Assisted Payroll
- Basic, Standard, or Enhanced Payroll
- Workers’ Comp Payment Service
- QuickBooks Workforce (formerly ViewMyPaycheck)
Credit Card Processing
- Merchant Services
- Merchant Service Deposit (reconciliation)
- Recurring Payments
- Check Solution
- Accountant Copy Transfer Service
- Multi-currency/Exchange Rate
- Online Banking
- Bill Pay
System requirements for QuickBooks 2020 and Enterprise Solutions 20.0
- Windows 10, all editions containing 64-bit, natively installed1
- Windows 8.1 (Update 1) all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows 7 SP1 all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2011, Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Windows: Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2011, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (update 1) or Windows 7 SP1 (Enterprise and Professional editions only), natively installed.
- Linux: When using QBES Database Server-only installation – OpenSuse 42.3, Fedora 27, Red Hat Enterprise 7 (RHEL 7.4)
Hardware and Operating system requirements (client and server)
|Processor||2.4 GHz minimum|
|RAM||4GB minimum, 8GB Recommended Server RAM Requirements 1-5 Users: 8GB RAM 10 Users: 12GB RAM 15 Users: 16GB RAM 20 Users: 20+GB RAM|
|Disk space||2.5GB of disk space (additional required for data files) Additional software: 60MB for Microsoft .NET 4.6 Runtime, provided on the QuickBooks CD Additional requirements for Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks Connected Services offerings (applies to the US only) Require minimum 4.0GB RAM Twice the size of the largest file set to back up + 100MB or twice the size to restore. The space is only required from the work folder LocalApplicationData+”Intuit\Intuit Data Protect” Note: Storing a large .QBW data file on an SSD will greatly speed up performance and is encouraged.|
|Windows||US version of Windows Regional settings are supported when set to English Administrator rights required for the server computer when hosting Multi-User access Natively installed – means it was installed on a particular system or environment that it was designed for. This also means it doesn’t need to run in a virtual environment or emulation software.|
|Optical Drive||4X DVD-ROM drive required for CD installations (unless QuickBooks is downloaded from Intuit server)|
|Screen Resolution||Display optimized for 1280 x 1024 screen resolution or higher with up to 2 Extended monitors Best optimized for Default DPI setting for a given computer.|
Firewall & Antivirus Software Compatibility
The QuickBooks ProAdvisors of supportforerror have tested QuickBooks 2020 – Pro, Premier, Enterprise, Accountant versions with the following anti-virus and firewall applications.
- Windows Server Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 8.1 Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 7 Firewall (all editions)
- Microsoft Security Essentials
Minimum System Requirements For QuickBooks Mac 2020
- At least macOS 10.12 (Sierra); supported by macOS 10.13 (High Sierra), macOS 10.14 (Mojave)
- Intel processor, Core 2 Duo or higher
- Multiuser Server: Intel Core 2 Duo or higher processor to run the server
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB RAM recommended)
- 250 MB of available disk space
- CD/DVD drive or Internet connection for the downloaded installation
- Printer: 100% Macintosh-compatible printer, if you plan to print invoices, checks, deposit slips, lists, purchase orders, mailing labels, reports, or graphs
- Checks: Use Intuit Checks if you plan to print checks. Canadian Image Ready Checks are not supported.
- Product registration required
Get QuickBooks Upgrade Support Service
We always suggest all our users to always keep your QuickBooks software updated to latest the release available to avoid running into issues due to discontinuation of QuickBooks products. This not only gives you peace of mind but also access to the latest features which are added in the newer versions. You can get in touch with the QuickBooks Technical Support Department of Dialsupportnumber by dialing their toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-306-4146 to take help in updating the QuickBooks software. You can also connect with the QuickBooks ProAdvisors by using the QuickBooks Live Chat Support Service.