QuickBooks Desktop custom fields are used to make the most of QuickBooks by making changes to the information about the customers, vendors, employees, and items. We will guide you on the steps that are helpful to use the QuickBooks Desktop Custom Fields. You can also get in touch with Intuit certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors to know more about QBD Custom fields.
Custom fields help you and your organization or business in many ways. Here are some benefits of the QuickBooks Desktop Custom Fields:
- Additional data can be inserted and managed efficiently.
- Users can give specific info to the customers, vendors, or employees.
- Users can add this customized info in forms and reports.
Steps To Create Custom Name Field
- Open the Vendor Center, Employee Center, or Customer Center.
- Click on Customers and select the Customer center for opening it.
- Click on Vendors and select Vendors center to open the vendor center.
- Click on Employees and select the Employee center to open the Employee center.
- Select the name where you want to make changes and double click on it.
- Click on Additional Info and choose the Define Fields option.
Perform the following step for each field you want to insert:
- Type in the name for the label.
Important Note: Use the name that has not been used earlier.
- Choose the lists where you want to apply the custom fields and click On.
This will create a new field on the additional information tab.
Here are the List limitations in the custom fields:
- In QuickBooks Pro or Premier, you get a total of 15 custom fields. But, it is allowed to use only seven custom fields for each category.
- You can add up to 7 custom fields to the customer & job list, vendor list, or employee list. When you merge the same field, the count of the custom field for the same category will be 1. For instance, when you add the same fields to 4 lists, you still can add five more fields to every list.
- For the QB Enterprise versions, users get 30 custom lists. Per category, you get 12 custom fields.
- Thirty characters per line are the limit for the multi-choice list. You can also accommodate 100 options.
- Users can see both the reports in the filters tab if you use the current report filter as a custom field.
Steps To Create Custom Item Fields
- Click on the Lists option and select Item List.
- Select any random item in the list and double-click on it.
- Navigate to the Edit Item. Select Custom fields and tap on Define Fields.
- In the Setup Custom Fields For Items section,
- Give the name to the custom field in the label column and then tap on Use.
Note: Avoid the names that are used in any of the lists.
- Perform the same steps for every custom field and tap on Ok to close the window.
Steps To Add The Customized Field To Forms
- Start the file that you wish to customer and navigate to formatting.
- Tap on customized data layout and navigate to additional customization section:
- Find the label from the header section.
- Find the additional field you want to insert and check the box. Tap the Ok button and close the window.
- Click on Ok to shut the additional customization window.
- Users can add all the new fields to the sales and purchase forms. To auto-transfer the form, you can get information from the item’s record. It is compulsory to add the field to the form to do this.
- When you customize the form templates, the header tab has the custom fields, and the column tab has the items custom fields.
24×7 QuickBooks Technical Department USA
You can use the customized fields in QuickBooks with the help of above-given instructions. When you fail to use the customized fields in QuickBooks using the given steps, you can choose to contact our renowned and experienced QuickBooks ProAdvisors of Dialsupportnumber on the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-644-7717, and you will be guided properly.