QuickBooks is one of the best accounting software to handle day to day activities of small and medium-size organizations. It performs the regular accounting activities like maintaining expanse, sales, customers, inventories, payroll and many more business activities.
Sometimes, you might receive an error on your system while running QuickBooks on your system. QuickBooks Error Code 15106 is one such error. Here in this article, we are going to discuss the causes of the issue and How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15106. For more information about QuickBooks Desktop, you can contact QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-644-7717 to contact our experts.
What Causes QuickBooks Error Code 15106?
There are various factors which cause QuickBooks Error Code 15106. When you download the update, QuickBooks shows the following error:
The update program cannot be opened. The update program is damaged.
Some of the factors are given below:
- Presence of Spy Sweeper in the web root antivirus software.
- Not logged in to the system as Administrator.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 15106?
There are many ways to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 15106. You can follow the below steps to fix QuickBooks Error 15106:
Solution 1: Log In To Your System As Administrator
If you have logged in as a different user then you need to right click on the QuickBooks icon and choose Run As Administrator. This step will resolve the issue otherwise move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Stop Your Anti-Virus Application And Rename Folders
- Open Task Manager on your system by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc.
- Click on the Processes tab search for [ANTIVIRUS].exe. and click on End Process.
- Rename the QuickBooks update folder.
- Press Windows Key + E to open File Explorer On your keyboard.
- Open the path C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)\Components.
- For 64-bit users, go to C:\Program Files(x86)\Intuit\Quickbooks(year)\Components.
- Right-click on the downloadqbXX folder and then choose Rename.
- Add the word .old to the end of the name. For example: downloadqbxx.old.
- Update QuickBooks again
Solution 3: Turn Off User Account Control(UAC)
If the error still exists then you can turn off user account control for some time.
- Windows 7 and 8 users need to temporarily turn off UAC to resolve QuickBooks error 15106.
- Windows 10 users need to move to step 4.
Step 4: Perform A Clean Install In Selective Startup
You need to perform a clean Install In Selective Startup to fix the issue.
How To Get Technical Support For QuickBooks Error 15106?
With the help of the above steps, you can easily resolve QuickBooks Error 15106. For any kind of technical help, you can contact QuickBooks Tech Support Number +1866-644-7717 where our expert will look in the issue and resolve it in no time. Our advisors are very skilled and experienced to perform any type of QuickBooks issue. You can also seek assistance on QuickBooks Live Chat Support for step by step guidance on the issue.