QuickBooks Error 15203 is an error which occurs on your desktop screen when you are trying to download the latest QB Payroll updates or Desktop updates. It typically pops-up when you perform an incomplete or improper action in your QB. This error is accompanied by the following error message:
“An exception occurred while executing a transaction statement or batch.”
In this article, we have curated all the causes and solutions for the QuickBooks Error 15203. This is definitely the most detailed guide on the internet on how to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 15203. Read all the steps given in this article and apply them on your computer to fix the error code 15203 of QB.
Don’t have the patience or time to manually fix the QB Error 15203?
We also have the solution for that. You can connect with the QuickBooks Technical Support Department of Dialsupportnumber and ask them to resolve the error. Yes, you have read that correct. You can call on the toll-free QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number +1800-801-4164 and ask the support team to resolve this error for you. You will not need to spend a single penny for this process if the data services are active on your QB. Otherwise, you will be charged a minor fee for the activation of the data services which we highly recommend.
Now, let us discuss the various causes which trigger this error to pop-up on your QB screen.
- Memory: Go through the minimum system requirements required for the running the QuickBooks desktop software version which you are using. If your computer does not meet these requirements then you are bound to run into memory errors.
- RAM is overused: All programs take up memory space of RAM to run and stay active. If too many programs are active and running in the background then you will start facing RAM issues. Close all the programs which are active but not required at the moment. This will free up RAM usage and you will be able to use your QuickBooks as usual.
- Internet Connection is not working: QuickBooks requires stable and active Internet connection to function smoothly. You will run into the QuickBooks Error 15203 if your internet connection is weak or unstable.
- Third-Party applications conflicting with QB: If you have recently installed or upgraded a third-party application like Anti-virus, Anti-malware, Anti-adware or Firewall then it is possible that this application is restricting QB from proper functioning.
- You do not have permission to access QuickBooks. Restart your computer and log in as the system administrator.
- Digital signatures are not installed or they are expired.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15203?
The QuickBooks ProAdvisors of Dialsupportnumber recommend the following solutions for fixing the QuickBooks Error 15203. Carefully apply all the steps then check if the error is resolved. You can also contact the QuickBooks Support Team.
Solution 1: Manual Method For High-Level Users
- Restart your computer and log in as the System Administrator.
- Open Start Menu and click on All Programs.
- Now, go to Accessories > System Tools > Restore Computer.
- A system prompt will appear on your screen. Select Restore Personal Computer in the prompt.
- Click on the Next button.
- Let the restoration process finish. Your computer will restart automatically.
- Open your QuickBooks and check if the error is fixed or not.
- If you are still encountering the error 15203 then move on to the next solution or contact QB support team.
Solution 2: Use Connection Diagnostic Tool
- Open your internet browser and visit the official intuit website.
- Search for the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic tool and download it on your computer.
- Install and open the tool.
- Click on the Scan option in the tool.
- Once the scan is finished, click on Fix Errors option.
- Now, reboot your computer once again to save the changes.
Solution 3: RUN Reboot.bat file
- Go to your desktop and right-click on the QuickBooks icon.
- Choose Open file location option from the drop-down menu.
- In the folder, look for a file by the name ‘bat.’
- Right click on the file and choose Run as an Administrator.
- Follow the instructions which appear on your screen and select only positive options like OK and Yes in prompts.
- Wait for the process to finish.
- Open your QuickBooks and download the updates which you were trying to download earlier when you encountered this error.
Solution 4: Install Digital Signature
- Open the Start Menu and click on the Search option.
- Type QBW32.exe in the search field and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Open the Properties of the file by right-clicking on it.
- Click on the Digital Signature option.
- Now, make sure that Intuit Inc is selected in the digital signature list.
- Click on the View button.
- Click on Install Certificate.
- Follow the instructions which appear on your screen and only click on the positive options in dialogue boxes.
- Restart your computer to roll out the changes.
- Open your QuickBooks and try to download the updates which you were trying to download earlier when you ran into this error.
- You should be able to download the Payroll or Software updates now without any problem. If you still run into any error then that implies that your QuickBooks is in critical state and it can crash any time. It is very important that you contact the QuickBooks Support team and explain the current situation to them.
QuickBooks Tech Support Services
Most QB users will be able to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 15203 by applying the solutions given in this step-by-step guide. However, we understand that some of these steps might seem really complicated to people who have just started using computers or QuickBooks. If you need assistance with the troubleshooting process then do not hesitate to call the QuickBooks Support Team. Call QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-801-4164 to connect with the QuickBooks Support Team of Dialsupportnumber.