QuickBooks is advanced accounting software which makes your accounting and financial activities very easy and accurate. But sometimes you may face error while using this software. QuickBooks Error 15240 is one such error. QuickBooks Error 15240 is an update error which occurs when you update QuickBooks or download a QuickBooks Payroll Update. You receive the following error message on your screen:
- Error 15240: The payroll update did not complete successfully.
- File Exists: The file you specified cannot be opened. Make sure that it is not being used by another program.
- Internet connection error: unknown error
You can contact QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-644-7717 in order to resolve the issue.
What Are The Causes of QuickBooks Error 15240?
The major reasons for QuickBooks Error 15240 are listed below:
- Misconfiguration of settings in Internet Explorer security
- Improper firewall settings
- Incorrect system date and time settings.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error 15240?
You can follow the below solutions for resolving QuickBooks Error 15240:
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks as Administrator
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon on your Desktop, then select Run as Administrator.
If the issue exists then move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Verify the system date and time settings
- Choose the time display on the computer.
- Modify the date and time settings.
- Put the correct date and time.
- Choose Apply and then OK.
Verify if the issue is resolved else move to the next solution.
Solution 3: Add Windows permissions to QuickBooks installation folders
- Close QuickBooks.
- Open the folder C:\Program Files\. For 64-bit users, C:\Program Files (x86).
- Right-click the Intuit folder and then click on Properties.
- Open the Security tab and then click on the Advanced tab.
- Verify if the User groupis the owner
of this folder. If not, follow the below steps to become the owner of intuit
- Open the Advanced Security Settings window and then click Change tab beside the Owner name.
- Type Users in the Enter the object name to select the field and then move Check Names.
- Select OK.
- Checkmark Replace owner on sub-containers and objects.
- Select Apply, and then click OK.
- Select Users on the Permissions window, and then click Full control.
- Select Apply then OK.
- Now download the updates. If the error still
exists then repeat the process for the following folders:
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit
- (64-bit users) C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intuit
- C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Local\Intuit
Solution 4: Check the Internet Explorer settings
- Click the Gear icon and then click on Internet Options.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Under Security, mark Use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0.
- Click Apply and then OK.
Solution 5: Check your third-party firewall
- Talk to your third-party firewall provider to modify its settings and allow QuickBooks to download updates.
- Give permission to the below files:
- qbw32.exe (QuickBooks executable file)
- qbupdate.exe (QuickBooks update executable file)
- Also, Verify that ports 80 and 443 are not disabled.
How To Get Technical Support For QuickBooks Error 15240?
You can directly contact QuickBooks Tech Support Number +1866-644-7717 for any type of assistance. We have a dedicated team of skilled and experienced professionals who are able to resolve all types of QuickBooks issues. You can get step by step resolution on QuickBooks Chat Support. Our experts are working round the clock 24×7 to provide you QuickBooks assistance.