QuickBooks POS Error 1706: During Installation or Update Point of Sale
QuickBooks Point of Sale has grown over the years as one of the best retail accounting software across the globe. It is powerful platforms that allows you to follow sales, customers and inventory easily and efficiently. QuickBooks POS includes a variety of features that helps you in managing your day-to-day transactions. However, sometimes it can fall into some errors and issues that can create hindrance in your work. QuickBooks Error 1706 is one such error that is considered as an installation error.
If you are facing QuickBooks POS Error 1706 as well then this article can be very helpful for you. We will be providing you a complete resolution for the error code 1706. In case if you want an instant solution for your QB Point of Sale issues, you can contact us at our QuickBooks POS Support Phone Number +1866-644-7717 toll-free.
What Causes QuickBooks Error Code 1706?
It is a common installation error that can occur due to multiple reasons and some of them are as follow:
- The source you are using to install QuickBooks POS is damaged.
- You are not following appropriate guidelines to install QuickBooks POS.
- The CD you are using to install QuickBooks is probably damaged.
- Firewall settings are not allowing the installation process of QuickBooks Point of Sale application.
- There is a Beta version of Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 is installed on your system.
- The Microsoft .NET Framework was not properly installed.
These are some of the errors that occurs during the installation process. The ongoing installation process gets abandoned and you get the following error message:
Error Code 1706: “A valid authorization not found while opening the POS.“
This error can also be a result of slow response of your system. If so many processes are running in the background or your RAM or hard disk doesn’t have enough space then you can also face this error.
How To Fix QuickBooks POS Error 1706?
There are three different solutions that can be implemented to resolve the error code 1706. We recommend you to perform the solutions in the shown order and try to install QuickBooks after you complete a method. If the first solution resolves your issue then you don’t have to go to other solutions but if not then you need to keep on trying. Solution steps that you need to perform to resolve QuickBooks Error 1706 are as given below:
Solution 1: Download the Microsoft Fixit or System File Checker Tool
SFC basically is a tool provided my Microsoft which is used to scan and fix the damaged Windows files.
- Download System File Checker tool and then install it on your system.
- The tool will scan and repair all the damaged Windows system file that are associated with the Microsoft .NET framework.
If you are not able to resolve the error by following these steps then you need to go to the next solution or you can contact Microsoft support as well.
Solution 2: Install the QuickBooks Point Of Sale Software Again
- From the Start menu of QuickBooks, locate and open the Control Panel.
- From the Programs and Features section locate and select QuickBooks POS.
- Click on Uninstall and then follow the onscreen prompts to uninstall it properly.
- Now, use a fresh installation source and preform a clean installation of QuickBooks POS
Solution 3: Update the QuickBooks POS for Desktop to the recent release
You may also get this error if you try to install an outdated version of QuickBooks which is no more compatible with your current version. Updating it to the latest release can resolve the issue for you.
- Open the product update section of your system.
- Make sure that the Point of Sale application is marked as a product.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to install updates manually.
- Once the process finishes, restart your system and then try to use QuickBooks POS to check if the error is resolved or not.
Technical Support For 1706 Error QB POS 18.0, 13.0, 12.0 Solutions
Performing above mentioned steps will surely allow you to resolve the QuickBooks POS Error 1706 easily. If you are having any kind of trouble while performing the solution steps then feel free to contact the QuickBooks Support department. If you could not resolve the error code 1706 with the steps provided in this article then you can directly contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-644-7717 and get an instant solution for all your errors related to the QuickBooks software and its related components.