In this blog, we are discussing the various causes and solutions for the QuickBooks Error 2277. We have received hundreds of calls from QB users who are facing the QB Error Code 2277. So we decided to write this detailed step-by-step guide on how to troubleshoot this error quickly. We give you 4 different solutions to fix this error in this blog post. But if you want to get rid of this error swiftly then we highly recommend the QuickBooks Error resolution service of Dialsupportnumber.
You can call the Intuit certified QuickBooks Experts of Dialsupportnumber on their toll-free and 24×7 available QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1800-801-4164.
Let us get started.
You will most probably run into the QuickBooks Error Code 2277 while creating a backup of your QuickBooks company files. That is why we also call QuickBooks Error 2277 a backup error.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Backup Error 2277?
As we said earlier, there are 4 solutions which can resolve this error. In most cases, performing the first solution itself will fix the error code 2277, but in rare cases, users will need to apply all the four solutions to resolve this error. If you do not have the time to apply the four solutions and want instant resolution, then get in touch with us.
Solution 1: Use IDP Tool
- To begin the troubleshooting process, go to the Intuit Data Protect Tool and right-click on it.
- Select About Intuit Data Protect option.
- Hit the CTRL + F2 keys simultaneously to open the IDP tool
- Moving forward, select Run Diagnostic option.
- Now, you will need to reconfigure the software so that it can access the IDP files.
- Visit the manufacturer’s website if the IDP tool identifies any problems with the firewall or a third-party application installed on your computer.
- Go to this folder C:\Program Files(X86)\Common Files\Intuit\Data Protect.
- Add these files as exceptions:
Solution 2: Add Windows Firewall Ports
- Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Firewall > Advanced Settings and click on the Inbound Rules option.
- Choose New Rules and type in these ports:
- Incoming Port: 80.
- Outgoing Ports: 443, 16841
- Click on the Next button.
- Apply the same steps for Outbound Rules as well.
- Reopen your QuickBooks to check if this solution fixed the QuickBooks Error 2277. In case you still run into this error while taking a backup of your company files then move on to the next solution.
Solution 3: Add Trusted Sites In The Internet Explorer
- To start the process, go to Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Security tab and uncheck the box for Enable Protected Mode to deselect it.
- Now, head to Trusted Sites > Sites and now you have to uncheck the box that reads call for server verification for all sites.
- Moving forward, add the these sites
in the trusted site list:
- Tap on the close button.
- Head to to Privacy > Select Sites > Address of Website box and now you
have to add these websites:
- Now, choose allow every time you include the web addresses.
- Click on the OK button to complete the process.
Solution 4: Get Rid Of The Cache, Cookies, Temporary Files & SSL State
- To start the troubleshooting process and the open Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > General tab > Browsing History Section.
- Select the Delete button.
- Click on the following boxes to
- Temporary Internet Files and website files.
- Cookies and website data.
- Form data.
- In Private Filtering.
- Now, you have to deselect Preserve Favorites & website data box.
- Select the Delete button.
- Open the Content tab.
- Click on Clear SSL State.
- Tap on the OK button.
- Exit Internet Explorer.
Get QuickBooks Tech Support
Let us know if you need any help in performing the solutions. We are available 24×7 on our QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-801-4164 to assist QB users all over the globe. You can get QuickBooks tech support services for Pro, Premier, Enterprise, Online and Point of Sale.
Get QuickBooks error resolution support by using our live QuickBooks Chat Support Service.