QuickBooks is undoubtedly one of the most powerful accounting software but to make it more efficient and productive; it integrates with several third-party applications. QB uses QBFC to get synced with the third-party applications. However, if QBFC stops functioning, you may run into various errors and issues. QuickBooks Error 3140 is one such error and we will show you can fix it quickly.
In most cases, users encounter the QuickBooks Error 3140 in the following situations:
- While installing QuickBooks on their computer.
- While running QB for the first time.
- Restarting or shutting down computer.
This error code is accompanied by the following error message:
“QuickBooks error message Invalid argument. The specified record does not exist in the list. Description Error message received from application via getLastError() 3140 There is an invalid reference to QuickBooks Customer”
What Are The Symptoms Of QB Error 3140?
- QB active tab crashes or closes randomly and the QuickBooks Error 3140 pops-up on your desktop.
- Windows OS is crashing and restarting automatically.
- Dialogue box for the “QuickBooks Error 3140” appears on your screen.
- The Windows operating system installed on your computer is responding slower than usual.
- Your desktop is freezing for a short time.
What Are The Causes Of QuickBooks Error Code 3140?
- Installing the software from a corrupted downloaded file of QuickBooks.
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks desktop software.
- Windows registry files are damaged or corrupted.
- Virus or malware infection damaging QB files.
- Some QB related files are missing.
Guide To Fix QuickBooks Error 3140
For resolving the QuickBooks Error Code 3140, apply the steps given below and follow the order of steps. For instant error resolution, you can contact the Intuit certofied QuickBooks ProAdvisors of Dialsupportnumber.
- To begin the process, user should repair the windows registry files that are associated with QB Error 3140.
- Now, the user has to run a scan on their desktop utilizing an effective antivirus application to remove virus, malware and adware from their system.
- Delete system junk files like unnecessary files and temporary files. You can do this by running the Disk Cleanup tool.
- The user must ensure that all QB related programs are running smoothly.
- If nothing works, the user can uninstall QB from their desktop and install QB again in the selective startup mode.
- Go to Start Menu > File Checker utility and run it.
- Search for latest update available for your Microsoft windows operating system and download.
- Do a clean installation of Windows operating system.
Technical Support For QuickBooks
We hope that the above given step were helpful in resolving the QuickBooks Error 3140. You should now be able to use your QuickBooks without running into any error code or facing any issues while syncing data with third-party applications.
However, if you are still not able to resolve the error 3140 or you have any query, you can connect with one of our certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor by just dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-644-7717.