QuickBooks accounting software has various error codes and issues that can hinder your workflow easily. There are some errors that are commonly faced by the QuickBooks users and QuickBooks Error 3371 is one such error. It is basically a license error that occurs on your screen during the startup of QuickBooks. This error occurs when QuickBooks couldn’t initialize the license properties and it might be occurring because you haven’t provided a valid license number or the file that stores all the license information has become damaged.
QuickBooks Error Code 3371 comes on your screen along with the following error messages:
Could not initialize license properties. QuickBooks Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Could not initialize license properties. [QuickBooks Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Could not initialize license properties. [QuickBooks Error 3371:, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Read this full article and perform provided solution steps to get rid of QuickBooks Error 3371, Status Code 11118. If you want an instant resolution for this error or any other error, you can dial our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-644-7717.
What Are The Symptoms Of QB Error 3371?
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 3371 are as follow:
- Active window gets crashed.
- System gets freeze for a while.
- Error code 3371 along with a description pops-up on your screen.
- You system gets crashed.
- System respond slowly to your commands.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 3371?
Major causes of the error code 3371 are as given-below:
- The .DAT files got damaged or missing
- Some important Microsoft Components such as MSXML, .NET Framework, C++ etc. got damaged.
- The QuickBooks version you are using is outdated or discontinued by Intuit.
- Your license number has expired or you are not entering a valid license number.
- Misconfigured firewall settings are not allowing QuickBooks to initiate the license properties.
- Damaged Windows files.
- A third-party application has mistakenly removed some important QuickBooks files.
- Installation of QuickBooks wasn’t done rightly.
- QuickBooks wasn’t activated properly on your system.
How To Resolve The Error Code 3371?
QuickBooks Error 3371 is a basic license error that can occur any time if QuickBooks couldn’t initialize the license properties. It can easily be resolved by following basic guidelines and there are three different solutions that you can try to resolve the error. The solutions basically depend on the situation under which the error is occurring. Steps to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 3371 are as given below:
Solution 1: Download Latest Windows Updates
- Sign in to your system as an administrator.
- From the Start menu, search for Windows Update and hit enter.
- Check for the available updates from the Update window.
- Download and install all the available updates.
Important:To download the available updates, you should have an active internet connection.
Solution 2: Delete TheEntitlementDataStore.ecml File
- Use the Task Manager to close all the
QuickBooks related processes
- Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESCto open theTask Manager.
- From theProcesses tab, locate all the QuickBooks processes.
- Close all the processes by selecting and clicking on End Task.
- Now, open the Entitlement data folder by following
the below steps:
- By pressing the Windows + E keys, open the File Explorer.
- Go to the folder location:C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6)
- Browse and highlight the file with .ecmlfile extension.
- Now press the Del key from your keyboard.
- Click on Yes on the confirmation message
- Run QuickBooks and you will be prompted to register QuickBooks on your system again. Enter the correct License Number and Product Number and you should be able to open QuickBooks.
Solution 3: QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is basically used to resolve the installation issues of QuickBooks but it can also be used to repair the damaged Microsoft components. You just have to download and install the tool and you will be able to use the tool easily.
- Install the QB Install Diagnostic Tool properly on your system.
- Once the installation finishes, run the tool.
- Tool will detect all the issues automatically and it will also apply the fixes.
Note:The process may take up-to 20 minutes. Time taken by the tool depends on your internet connection and your system configuration.
- Restart your system to save changes
Resolve QuickBooks License Errors
This article should be helpful for you in resolving the QuickBooks Error Code 3371 easily. In case, if the error couldn’t get resolved manually or you are not able to understand the solution steps, you can get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number +1866-644-7717 to get an instant resolution for your QuickBooks issues.