QuickBooks is a bookkeeping software which is famous for its wide range of features and best accounting solution. But the QuickBooks software also has some issues and errors that can occur due to many reasons. QuickBooks Error 6006 is one of them and it is a part of the 6000 error code series.
QuickBooks Error 6006 is an error of synchronization. It occurs when you try to sync your company file but the files are different than the files which are installed in QuickBooks. If you get encountered with Error 6006 then your screen will display this:
“QuickBooks files are incompatible”
If you are facing this error then you can get in touch with our highly experienced QuickBooks ProAdvisors of Dialsupportnumber. They will help you to fix the QuickBooks Error Code 6006 as soon as possible. All you have to do is just dial our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-306-4146 and get assistance from them.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 6006
- When you install the program, you didn’t restart your computer.
- Any other application is running a setup program
- The installation CD is scratched or damaged
- CD or DVD drive issue
- The hard drive has a lack of space
- RAM doesn’t have sufficient space
- Improper or damaged installation of QuickBooks program
- Windows installation issues
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6006?
- Restart your system
- Sign in to your computer with Administrator rights
- Now, Install the QuickBooks software
- If the error still persists then check the conditions of GAURD1PLUS CD
- Make sure if the CD or DVD drive is working properly or not
- Free up the disk space. The disk must have 1.5 GB of free space available
- Close all the applications working in the background by using the task manager
- Shut down the System Tray so you can free your RAM and processor space
- Navigate to the folder: C
- Now go to Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield
- Change the name of the InstallShield file and add OLD at the end. For example: InstallShieldOLD
- Clean up the system temporary and junk files
- Reinstall the QuickBooks software
- Check the Windows updates and install them if they are available.
Get Technical Support For Your QuickBooks Issues
QuickBooks Error Code 6006 is an issue of your company files. It is very important to fix this error because it won’t let you access your company file. However, if you follow all the steps mentioned above appropriately, you can troubleshoot the error code 6006 in QuickBooks manually. But it might be possible that your error won’t get fixed due to some other issues that it has created. In that case, don’t panic and contact our Intuit Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors by calling at our toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Number +1800-306-4146.