Generally, QuickBooks Error 61 mainly occurs due to the faulty hardware of damaged files. Furthermore, users may encounter QuickBooks Error 61 during some events such as downloading, adjusting, expelling, uninstalling windows, refreshing, opening an account, or printing.
If you have experienced QuickBooks Error 61 and looking for a solution, we have got you covered. This article explains all the required troubleshooting methods to get rid of QuickBooks Error 61.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 61
- A malware or virus attack has interrupted the QuickBooks access.
- Problem with Windows .NET framework.
- Some of the critical frameworks or registry passages are absent.
- An invalid section in the windows registry or incorrect incorporation that usually happens because of the uninstalled program.
- A sudden power cut has turned off the system and, eventually, the windows framework.
- Software is unable to perform assigned tasks of windows framework or application segment.
4 Different Steps To Fix QuickBooks Error 61
- Go to File Menu > Utilities > Rebuild Data
- If you get the pop up that asks to confirm the company file backup creation, allow it.
- When you see the message on the screen that states QuickBooks Not Responding, you have to wait for some time, and when the rebuild is done, you have to tap the Ok button.
- From the QuickBooks Main Menu, select the Charts of Accounts and check the Include Inactive box.
- When you see the message on the screen that asks: Are you sure you want to return this list to its original order?, click on Ok.
- Check the QB Company file now, and if the error is still around, try the next troubleshooting method.
- When you try to merge the affected account with the new one, make sure you create the new account.
- Run the QB File, and cross-check if the error is fixed.
- You have to download and install the Reimage Repair Tool in your system once the installation is finished, run the .exe file.
- Tap on Ok and allow the process if it asks to open the program by Client Account Control.
- Uncheck the box while installing it. You will get the pop up that will ask to install the program.
- Ensure the stable internet connection throughout the process to avoid the interruption.
- The Reimage Repair Tool will start sweeping your system to diagnose it and evaluate its overall condition.
- Once the tool checks the system, all the damages will be displayed on the desktop, along with the suggestions to repair the most crucial ones.
- You can repair the damages just by clicking on the Start Repair option. This is how the QuickBooks Error 61 can be fixed.
- Reboot the system once the repair is done. This will ensure if the error is resolved.
- Run the latest QuickBooks version and choose the file. Ensure to tap on Open or Restore Company.
- Choose Open Company File and move ahead by tapping on Next till you locate the data file. When you locate that, tap on Open.
- When a pop up for Move the File comes on the screen, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Make a note of all the information you get on the Update Company File for New Version.
- Click on Update now option and follow the on-screen instructions once you check the box.
- When you get the following message on the screen, tap on, Yes.
You are about to open a company file using a newer version of QuickBooks… Do you want to continue?
- After the completion, generate a backup copy and find the .qbw files in your system.
- Move to the Account Info/Process when you find the .qbw files.
Contact QuickBooks Technical Assistance 24*7.
QuickBooks Error 61 is not a big issue if you simply follow the above-given steps. In case you are looking for an instant solution or technical assistance for QuickBooks Error 61, you can contact our highly-skilled QuickBooks ProAdvisors of Dialsupportnumber on the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-306-4146.