QuickBooks Desktop has various error series and all of them represents a particular type of error. The 6000 error series in QuickBooks represents the company file errors in QuickBooks Desktop. QuickBooks Error 6175 is a common error from the company file error series that occurs when you try to open your QuickBooks company file, but the database server doesn’t respond. Usually, this error occurs when the QuickBooks software couldn’t establish connection with the server that hosts your company file.
If you are also facing the error code 6175 while opening or working on company file and you want to resolve the error, you need to follow the steps provided in this article. We will be provided complete solutions along with the possible causes of this error. In case, you require any kind of support or assistance while performing the steps, you can call us at our toll-free QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1888-380-2717.
Causes Of The Error Code 6175, 0 In QuickBooks
Main causes behind the error code 6175 are as follow:
- The database server manager couldn’t be accessed by QuickBooks.
- The hosting system where your QuickBooks Company File is located is indulged in other task.
- Misconfigured firewall settings are not allowing your local system to get connected with the server.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6175?
Before you move on to the solution steps, you need to enable hosting on the server and then switch to Multi-User mode as well. Steps to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6175, 0 are as given below:
Solution 1: Setup The QuickBooks Database Server Manager Properly On Your Server Computer
- Install and set up QuickBooks Database Server Manager on your server.
- From the Start menu, locate QuickBooks Database Server Manager and open it.
- Select Start Scan and once the scan finishes, you should be able to open your QuickBooks Company File on your local workstation.
Note: If QuickBooks is installed on your system but Database Server Manager is not, you need to go to the next solution.
Solution 2: Set The Hosting On Server Computer
- Run QuickBooks on your server system.
- From the main menu, go to File > Utilities > Host Multi-User Access.
Note: If you see the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option instead of Host Multi-User Access, go to the next solution directly.
- Choose Yes to the Host multi-user access/Start hosting multi-user access confirmation message.
- Click on Yes to the Company file must be closed confirmation message.
- Select OK to the Multi-user setup information notification.
- From the main menu of QuickBooks, go to File > Utilities > Switch to Multi-User Mode.
Solution 3: Change QuickBooksDBXX Service To Local System Account
- From the search field of Start menu, type MSC and hit enter.
- Right-click on the QuickBooksDBXX service and from the drop-down options, click on Properties.
- Navigate to the Log On tab, put a checkmark on the Local System account checkbox.
- Select Apply and then OK to save changes.
- Now, switch to multi-user mode again.
Solution 4: Reinstall QuickBooks On Your Server Computer
If you still face the error code even after following above three steps, there are chances that your QuickBooks Desktop is damaged. You need to reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop on your server.
Connect With The Experts To Resolve The Error Code 6175, 0 In QuickBooks Server
The provided solutions should be helpful for you in resolving the QuickBooks Error 6175, 0 and you should now be able to work on your QuickBooks company file without any issue. The steps mentioned in this article can also help you in resolving other error codes from the 6000 error code series. However, if you couldn’t resolve the error code 6175, 0 through these solution steps, you may have to connect with the support department of Intuit. For this, you need to dial our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-380-2717 and get instant technical support for your QuickBooks errors and issues.