QuickBooks Error -6177, 0 is a part of the 6000 series errors of QB. We highly recommend that you get rid of this error as soon as possible as it can damage the QuickBooks components and company data file. The best solution is to call on the toll-free QuickBooks Support Number +1888-380-2717 and explain the error to our QuickBooks Experts.
The error -6177, 0 of QuickBooks appears with the following error message:
“QuickBooks Error -6177, 0: QuickBooks is attempting to open this Company file.”
You will run into this error when you attempt to open your QuickBooks Company file from a desktop where the company file is not stored.
Now, let us discuss the various causes which can trigger the QuickBooks Error -6177, 0:
- Moving your company data file to another computer.
- Presence of Malware, Adware or virus on your computer.
- Antivirus, Adware or Windows firewall installed on your desktop are restricting the internet usage of QuickBooks.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error -6177, 0?
You can manually apply the solutions which are given below for resolving this error or you can use the QB Live Chat Support service to connect with the QuickBooks Support team. Scroll down to the bottom-right corner of your screen and click on the chat box to initiate the process.
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks Installation Diagnostic tool
- Reboot your computer and log in as the System administrator.
- Go to folder where you QuickBooks files are stored.
- Search for the file with the same name as your company data file.
- Right-click on the file and choose Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Security Window.
- Now, select a number of users which can access the file.
- Go to Advanced > Owners and modify the user name if you want to.
- Click on the OK button.
- Now, open your Internet browser and go to the official Intuit website.
- Download the free QuickBooks Installation Diagnostic tool.
- Install the tool and wait for installation process to complete.
- Open the QB Installation Diagnostic tool, search for the Company data file and then click on the Test Connectivity option.
- Check if you still run into the QB Error -6177, 0. If you are still facing this error then move on to the next solution.
Solution 2: Move Your Company File To A Local Hard Drive
Note: Log in as the System Administrator on your desktop before moving forward.
- Open My Computer and go to the C drive.
- Look for your Company data file.
- Now, you have to create and save a portable file in this drive.
- Exit from the current company data file.
- Use the portable file on your server.
- Check if you are able to open the company data file from the server.
- If you still run into any error or issue then get in touch with the QuickBooks Support team immediately.
Support For QuickBooks Error -6177, 0
By applying above given two solutions, you can swiftly fix the QuickBooks Error -6177, 0 and you will be able to access the file. However, in some cases, the solutions might not fix the error. If you are unable to fix the error manually then you can download and use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. If the error still pops-up on your screen then you must to contact the QuickBooks Experts of Dialsupportnumber. Do you know that you can also chat with the reliable and friendly QuickBooks ProAdvisors? Take your cursor to the bottom-right corner of this page and click on the QB chat icon. You will see a form open up on your screen. Click on all the text fields and enter appropriate information. Either a QuickBooks Experts will start chatting with you or you will get a call back on the direct line number which your provided while filling up the form.