QuickBooks is one of the most trustworthy accounting and bookkeeping applications that not only records the transaction but also helps in managing the financial operations on a daily basis on behalf of the business owners. Even the entrepreneurs who do not acquire exact accounting knowledge can also work on this easy-to-use software. It provides numerous features such as managing cash flow, tracking and handling sales, recording inventory flow, managing employee payroll, and much more.
Nevertheless, this advantageous software also runs into a few errors that might adversely affect your workflow. All these errors and issues are grouped into a few categories that are further divided into several error codes. One of these error codes is QuickBooks Error Code 12029 that belongs to the 12000 Error Series in QuickBooks Software. This error might occur at the time of Updating QuickBooks Desktop Software. For instant support, you are required to get into touch with Intuit certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors that will provide you with the best of the services related to the error that is occurring in your QuickBooks Software Functionality. Just dial QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1800-801-4164 toll-free.
Reasons Behind Occurrence Of QuickBooks Error 12029
There can be several root causes due to which this error might occur while processing the functionalities in QuickBooks Desktop Software. In this article, we are going to discuss all the possible causes because of which Error Code 12029 might occur in QuickBooks. You must be aware of all of these causes as they might help you in resolving the error effortlessly in less time. All the reasons are listed below:
- The internet connection that you are using might be unstable, or another reason could be any other connectivity issue.
- You might have set up the SSL in an inappropriate manner.
- Connection to QuickBooks File might have been interrupted or blocked because of the Antivirus Software that you have installed on your system or the Firewall Settings that you have done.
- QuickBooks might not be connected to the Server because of the network timeout issues.
- You might not have set Internet Explorer as your Default Browser.
- QuickBooks Company Data Files might have been corrupted or damaged.
Troubleshooting Error Code 12029 QuickBooks
Just like several causes, this error can be resolved through various solutions. We have discussed a few ways of fixing this error in 12029 in QuickBooks. All the methods are mentioned below so that you may find all the solutions in a single place. Let’s have a look at all of them:
- Navigate to the QuickBooks Software and then open the Help tab.
- In this tab, you will find a drop-down list. You need to select the Internet Connection Setup option.
- Now, you are required to tap on the “Use my computer’s internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the internet” option.
- In the end, tap on the Next option and then hit the Done button.
You have to attempt upgrading QuickBooks Desktop Software, and for this, you need to run the QuickBooks Software and then navigate to the Help menu.
- Navigate to the Help section after opening the QuickBooks Software.
- After this, you have to open the Update Now tab.
- Now you need to tap on Reset Update open, and then you have to choose the Get Updates option. In this way, your software is going to be updated. But, if under any circumstances, you are not able to do so. In that case, you have to follow up on the step that we have listed below:
- For doing this, firstly, you need to be sure that the Internet Connection that you’re using is stable and working properly.
- After this, you have to make changes to the Firewall Settings on your system.
- Now, deactivate the third-party antivirus software that you have downloaded on your system and then attempt again to upgrade QuickBooks Desktop Application.
- In case you are still running into an error, you have to run Windows using Safe Mode and then try the process of updating the software again.
- Firstly, you need to utilize Task Manager in order to shut the tab in which you have opened the QuickBooks Software as well as the other corresponding applications that are running on your system.
- And then, you need to navigate to Internet Explorer.
- Open the Tools tabs, and then you are required to tap on the Internet Options section.
- After doing this, you have to open the Security window.
- Now, you are required to move your cursor towards the globe icon, and then you select it.
- Please be sure that you have settled up the security settings as Medium-High for this zone.
- Navigate to the Content section, and then you need to ensure whether the Content Advisor button has been enabled or disabled. In case it is disabled, you have to enable it.
- Once you are doing this, you need to open the Connections section.
- And then, you are required to tap on the Never Dial a Connection option.
- Now, a situation might occur where you will not be able to see the Dial-up Node (DUN) section on your screen. In that case, you are suggested to make sure that you have opted for the accurate ISP.
- On the other hand, if the DUN is displayed on your screen, you just have to tap on the Ok button.
- After this, you have to navigate to the LAN Settings.
- Select the Advanced section, and then you need to click on the Restored Advanced Settings tab.
- Now, you need to navigate to the Settings section, and then you have to ensure that you have ticked a mark on the Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1, and Use TLS1.2 checkboxes and unticked the other two boxes.
- After doing this, tap on the Ok button so that the window might be closed.
- Shut the Internet Explorer tab.
- Restart your system again in order to save the changes that you have recently made.
- Now, you need to run the QuickBooks Desktop Software once again and then, in order to finish the process, attempt to update the software again.
Tech Support For Error Code 12029 in QB
In this blog, we have mentioned all the possible causes and the solutions that you might utilize if you are running into the error 12029 in QB. But, in a few scenarios, users face difficulty while following up on the steps. In that case, feel free to get into touch with our QuickBooks Tech Support Team. Our Intuit certified QB ProAdvisors are highly educated and trained. They expertise in rectifying all the errors and issues related to QuickBooks Software as well as provide you with the best consultancy for the growth and betterment of your business. You just need to dial our toll-free QuickBooks 24×7 Technical Support Number +1800-801-4164.