QuickBooks Accounting and Bookkeeping Software are one of the most reliable software in the accounting market. It helps the business owners in managing and handling all their financial records on one single platform. QuickBooks serves numerous flexible features that are useful for all types and sizes of organizations. Despite all the advantageous aspects of the QuickBooks Desktop Software, under a few circumstances, it runs into some errors and issues that cannot be ignored. All these QuickBooks related errors and issues might create hindrance to your workflow.
One such error is the QuickBooks Error Code 1310 that prompts up on your screen while you are trying to update or install QuickBooks Software. In this blog, you are going to learn the causes and the solutions to get rid of Error Code 1310 in QuickBooks.
Whenever the user comes across this error, he gets a pop-up message that affirms the following message:
Error writing to file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks20xx\BusinessObjectProvider.dll
Error “1310: Error writing to file: C: Config.Msi…”
Root Causes For The Occurrence Error 1310 in QuickBooks
- The installation source that you are using to install the QuickBooks Software might have been damaged.
- Another reason might be the issues created by the Firewall that does not allow you to update the software as it might have recognized some threat to your computer/network.
- The Internet connection that you are using might not be stable.
- QuickBooks Company File might be corrupted or damaged due to some virus or malware attack.
- One more reason could be the inappropriate date and time settings on your system.
Solution For QB Error Code 1310
This error can be easily rectified by following the manual steps that we have mentioned in this blog. You are just required to be very precise while processing these methods as any ignorance might create further issues or errors. Moreover, we advise you to go through all these steps keenly prior to performing them. In this way, you may comprehend each step. Let’s have a look at the steps:
Step 1: Start The Install Diagnostic Tool
- As the initial step, you are required to download the QuickBooks Desktop Install Diagnostic Tool.
- After doing this, you have to perform the installation of the tool on your system.
- Once you are done installing the tool, you need to use Task Manager in order to close all other applications that are running on your screen.
(Note: The Install Diagnostic Tool is going to take nearly 20 to 25 minutes in order to finish the process. The time span that the tool is going to take is dependent on the speed of your internet access or the configuration or your desktop.)
- Once all the changes have been made on your system by the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool, you have to Restart your system.
Step 2: Setup The Control Setting For The User Account
- Firstly, you are supposed to press Windows + R keys on your keyboard in order to open the Run Command dialogue box.
- In the search field, you have to type Control Panel and then tap on the Enter button.
- Navigate to the User Accounts section and click on User Account (Classic View).
- Select the Change User Account Control Settings option.
(Note: If UAC notification pops up on your screen, you have to tap on the Yes option.)
- In this step, you need to shift the Slider:
- You have to frame the slider to Never Notify so that the UAC can be turned OFF and then hit the Ok button.
- You have to frame the Slider to Always Notify so that the UAC can be Turned ON and then hit the OK button.
- In the end, you are supposed to Reboot your system.
Step 3: Register Again On The Microsoft Windows Installer
- Navigate to the Search Field in the Start menu and then you have to type msiexec/unreg in it.
- Press the Enter Key.
- And then you have to navigate again to the Start menu and type msiexec/regserver in the Search Field.
- Tap on the Enter button again.
- Now, you are required to attempt re-installing QuickBooks Desktop Software.
- In case you are not able to complete the installation procedure, then you may move on to Step 4.
Step 4: Assigning Full Administrator Access To The Installer Tool Using The Command Prompt
Note: You are suggested to perform all the steps that are given below in the folder that has been mentioned in the error message that popped up on your screen.
- Navigate to the Start menu and then go to the All Programs option.
- Click on the Accessories section.
- Open Command Prompt by right-clicking on it. After this, you will get a drop-down list from which you have to select the Run as Administrator.
- On the black screen that has been prompted on your screen, you have to enter icals”C:\Config.Msi”/T/C/grant administrators:F and then tap on the Enter button.
(Note: you are advised to change the Config.Msi with the folder that has been displayed on the error message that popped up on your screen.)
- Now, you need to shut the command prompt window.
- To finish the process, attempt installing QuickBooks again.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Error Code 1310
QuickBooks Errors and issues can be easily fixed by following up on the manual steps that are advised by the Dialsupportnumber Support Team. Similarly, Error Code 1310 in QuickBooks can also be resolved with the methods that we have mentioned in this blog. In case you are not able to perform this process or you are running into some difficulty while following up with these steps, our QuickBooks ProAdvisors are ready to serve you with the best of our services. All the representatives in our QuickBooks Tech Support Team are highly experienced and qualified. They are ready at service, 24×7, with the solutions for all your QuickBooks related issues and queries. You just have to dial our QuickBooks Customer Service Support Number +1800-801-4164 toll-free.