QuickBooks Accounting and Bookkeeping Software provides its users with features that are amazingly effortless to utilize. However, just like any other software, it also runs into many issues and errors that affect the working experience adversely. These errors also hinder the financial operations of the business.
QuickBooks Error Code -404 is one such error that falls in the category of runtime errors of QuickBooks software. A situation comes where during the process of upgrading the software, you try to open the page, but it shows a message that says “Page Not Found”. Or another situation might be where you are trying to install QuickBooks Software on your system but you fail to do so as your system commences freezing or it shuts down automatically.
This error, QB Error 404, can be caused due damage in the Dynamic Program Window. Because of this the system starts to process slowly, and it does not fulfill the commands and the orders. Are you encountering such issues related to QB? Then, in that case, your QuickBook Data has been corrupted with Error 404 in QuickBooks.
Causes For The Occurrence Error Code 404 In QB
- When you are trying to upgrade the prior version of QuickBooks in a newer Windows Operating System. For instance, the user uses an OS such as Windows 10 and he is attempting to upgrade the QuickBooks Desktop Software version 2009 on it. In that case, you will run into the Error 404 in QB. This situation is occurring due to the non-compatibility of QuickBooks version 2009 with the latest version of Windows, i.e. Windows XP.
- When you are attempting to reach a specific web page, but you are not able to connect to it due to the server issues. Such error occurs when the page setting has been changed, or it has been moved to some other address. A notification will pop up on your screen, affirming that “404 = Page doesn’t exist = the request was for information that no longer exists.”
Users should acquire the knowledge and all the aspects of the error, such as causes, consequences, and all the reasons due to which the error has occurred. Knowing all these things will help the user in eliminating the problem from roots. The information regarding the applications is included in this error code that is corrupted.
Ways Of Troubleshooting The Error Code 404 In QuickBooks
- In case you want to apprise the payment alerts in QuickBooks, on that occasion, you are required to navigate to the “Your Account” tab, and then you have to tap on the “Account and Settings” option.
- You may now make changes to the billing subscription and for that, you have to first open the QuickBooks Software on your system.
- Go to the Gear option and then click on Account and Settings.
- Click on the Edit Billing Info or Billing & Subscription.
- Now, you are supposed to enter the details of your credit card. Ensure that the billing address is similar in both QuickBooks account and credit card statement.
- After this you can save the changes that you have made.
- You need to ensure that whether the internet connection is stable or not in case you are attempting to reach the QuickBooks Software page that is not found through the server. Another situation can be where the page that you are looking for has been redirected to some other page. This may not be an issue related to the QuickBooks but it can be a network glitch that you may resolve by performing the Re-installation process of QuickBooks on your system.
Now, if you want to know about the process of installing and reinstalling QuickBooks software on your system, in that case, you are required to follow the steps that are given below:
- Firstly, open Run Command by pressing Window + R.
- Type “appwiz.cpl” in the typing section. And after that you need to hit the Enter button.
- Navigate to the 20XX from Menu option and then you need to select the Uninstall option. (XX indicates QuickBooks version)
- Once you uninstall QuickBooks successfully, before you restart your system, you are supposed to process the Clean Install tool.
- To finish this, proceed with the reinstallation process of QuickBooks with the help of the QB 20XX CD.
Contact Us :
We hope that all the steps that are mentioned above are going to help you in resolving the process manually. However, if you are still running into the same error again and again, you can get into touch with our QuickBooks Tech Support Team anytime and anywhere. Our highly experienced and skilled Intuit certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors are ready to serve you 24×7. You just need to dial toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Number +1800-801-4164 in order to get full-fledged assistance.