QuickBooks Error 6000 80
QuickBooks is very useful and widely used accounting software by small and medium-sized business organizations. Business owners can manage their sales, customers, inventories, payroll and a lot of other activities involved in day-to-day business. QuickBooks is a very fine software but sometimes you may face technical glitches while using QuickBooks. QuickBooks Error 6000 80 is one such error. You receive the following error message on your screen Error -6000, -80: An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file. Here we are going to discuss QuickBooks Error 6000 80 and methods to resolve it. For more information about QuickBooks, you can contact QuickBooks Support Number +1800-801-4164.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 6000 80?
The major causes of QuickBooks Error 6000 80 are written below:
- Data is stored over the network
- Multiple users are using the company file.
- QuickBooks is not connected with the server.
- Damage or corrupt company file.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6000 80?
Follow the below steps to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000 80:
Step 1: Download QuickBooks Company File Diagnostic Tool
- Download the QuickBooks Company File Diagnostic Tool on your system and Run
- The tool will detect the damage and repair it. If you see No problem detected in your Company File then your company file is ok. If it does not resolve the issue move to the next solution.
Step 2: Copy The File To The Local C Drive
- You have to copy the backup file (.qbb file extension) or the company file which you want to update (.qbw file extension) to a local hard drive.
- Restore the backup or update the company file on the system.
- Next, copy the restored or updated company file back to its original location.
Step 3: Update QuickBooks To Its Latest Release
Update QuickBooks to its latest release and verify if the company file shows the same error. If the error still persists then move to the next solution.
Step 4. Configure QuickBooks Files For Firewall Or Security Software
Go through your security software or windows firewall for their updates and check network access to check exceptions. If the security software or windows firewall is configured and the issue still exists them move to the next steps.
Step 5: Check Permission To Access The Company File
- Open the Setup folder permissions to share company files web page to verify permissions are set up correctly.
- Set permissions for QuickBooks.
If you have given permission to the access the company file and the issue is still not resolved then move to the next solution.
Step 6: Scan The Company Files
You have to scan the folder where the companies files are kept to create.ND file
- Press the Windows Start button and choose Programs > QuickBooks > QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- From QuickBooks Database Server Manager window select Add Folder to add the folder containing company files.
- Click Scan when all files are selected.
- You will find data files under QuickBooks Company Files Found. Click Close.
- Ensure that a .QBW.ND file was created for each company data file in the folder containing company files.
Technical Help For QuickBooks Error 6000 80
With the help of the above steps, you can easily resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 80. If you need any assistance while resolving the issue, then you can contact QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1800-801-4164. Our experts are highly experienced and skilled as they deal with QuickBooks issues on a daily basis.