In QuickBooks Desktop Software there are several issues and errors that hinder the working flow of your organization. All these errors can directly or indirectly affect the financial reports of your business as well as your system or your QuickBooks Software that you have installed on your computer.
All these errors are further categorized into an Error series that includes numerous error codes. One such error is QuickBooks Error Code 6000 816 that falls under the category of error series 6000 that includes all types of issues related to QuickBooks Company File.
In this blog post, you will get all the required details about this error that will help you in troubleshooting the error effortlessly.
Reasons Behind QB Error Code 6000 816
Users are required to get to the root causes of error code 6000 816 in QuickBooks as it can help them in rectifying the issues that are occurring in an easy way. All the causes that lead to the occurrence of QuickBooks Error 6000 816 have been mentioned below:
- A third-party application that you have installed might be utilizing your QuickBooks Company File as the Backup Software.
- The QuickBooks Company File might have been damaged due to some virus attack.
- Another reason could be that the Company File in QuickBooks that you have stored on the Microsoft Windows Home Server that acquires various hard disks that have been already damaged.
- QuickBooks might have been damaged at the time of installation.
Troubleshoot QB Error 6000 816
There can be multiple solutions that help QuickBooks Users in resolving any QuickBooks Errors or Issues. Similarly, this error might also be resolved with the help of various techniques that we are going to mention in this blog. Before moving on to the steps/methods to be followed, you are advised to install and run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. Using this tool might help you in resolving the error even without performing the manual steps. On the other hand, if you do not get any results after running the Doctor Tool, you may go through all the methods that we have provided. All the solutions consist of sub-steps and you just have to follow them in order as they have been given:
Solution 1: Naming The .ND and .TLG Files Again
- As the first step, you are required to press CTRL + E in order to run Windows Explorer.
- And then you have to navigate to the file folder in which you have saved your QuickBooks Company File.
- Now, you need to set up a location for the files after adding .ND and .TLG extensions to it.
- After this, right-tap on all of the files separately, one after another.
- On right-clicking the file, you will get a drop-down list from which you are required to choose the Rename option.
- Now, you have to enter .OLD extension at the end of all the file names.
Note: Users are advised to perform the same steps with both the .ND and .TLG extensions for the company files.
- In order to finish the process, you need to run the QuickBooks Software, and then you are required to navigate to the QuickBooks Company File. If you still run into the same, in that case, you are suggested to follow the steps that we have mention in Solution 2.
Solution 2: Run Sample QuickBooks Company File
- As per the recommendations by Dialsupportnumber Support Team, firstly, you have to navigate to the No Company File tab.
- And then you need to select the Open Sample File option.
- In case users are able to run the sample company file, that means QuickBooks Desktop Application has been damaged due to some error. In that case, you are advised to repair the software by doing the needful operations.
Solution 3: Copying The QB Company Files On The Desktop Of Your System
Following up on this solution is going to help you in verifying if there are any issues in the setup location on the QuickBooks Company File. You are just required to perform the steps that have been mentioned below:
- Navigate to the QuickBooks company File folder.
- Frame up a location for the .QBW extension for the file and then you have to copy it by pressing the CTRL + C.
- Now, go to the Desktop and press CTRL + V in order to paste the company file on the desktop.
- In the end, go to the QuickBooks Desktop Software and attempt to run the Company File in QuickBooks that has been pasted on the desktop.
Tech Support For Error 6000 816 in QuickBooks
All the methods that we have mentioned in the blog are sufficient in order to get rid of the Error Code 6000 816 in QB. But, under a few circumstances, users continue to come across the same error. You may use one more solution in order to solve this problem, i.e., restoring a backup of the QB Company Files. After this, open the company file so that you may check if the file is still running into error or not.
If the problem continues to persist, you are recommended to get into touch with our highly trained and skilled Intuit certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors. Our QuickBooks Tech Support Team is ready to serve you with the best of the services, 24/7. The highly experienced QuickBooks expertise has solutions that help in resolving all types of QuickBooks Errors and Issues. You just have to dial QuickBooks Technical Support Number +1800-360-4164 toll-free.