Here in this article, we are going to discuss QuickBooks Error Code 6123 and methods to resolve it. There are various scenarios when this error occurs. We will learn those various scenarios along with the method to resolve it. To know more about the issue you can contact QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-801-4164.
Scenarios 1: When The Error Occurs While Opening And Upgrading Your Company File
In this scenario, you can follow the below methods to resolve the issue
Step 1: Download And Run QuickBooks Refresher
The QB Refresher tool will close the background file which might cause an error. Follow the below steps in order to run it.
- Close all the application running on the system
- Shut down all the version of the QuickBooks running on the system.
- Download the QBRefresher installation file from the official website of intuit.
- Double click on the QBRefresher.exe file to install it.
- Now follow the instruction on the screen. Run this tool for 30 sec.
When the QBRefresher is finished its work then open the QuickBooks again to check if the error still persists. If the error still exists then move to the next solution.
Step 2: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
You need to run QB File Doctor in order to repair any kind of data issues within QuickBooks software.
- Uninstall the older version of File Doctor, if any.
- Download QuickBooks File Doctor from the official website of Intuit.
- Open the File Doctor.exe file.
- QB File Doctor will open once the installation is finished. If any prompts appear asking you to use the internal QB File doctor, Close it. Use the File Doctor which you have downloaded.
- By following the instructions on screen, choose your company file from the drop-down. If it does not appear then search your computer. It will look like [your company name].qbw.
- Choose Check File Damage Only and then Diagnose File.
- Enter your QuickBooks admin credentials and then click Next.
- Select Repair file in the existing version of QuickBooks, then select Next.
- Now File Doctor will start repairing the file which can take some time.
- When the repair is done choose your company file and then open QuickBooks.
- Even if File Doctor says the fix was unsuccessful, restart your system and open QuickBooks.
Scenario 2: When The Error 6123 Occurs While Restoring The Company File
If you are restoring a company file from a backup (.qbb) or a portable copy(.qbm) save the files on your local computer. If you see the error while restoring a backup(.qbb) of the company file then try to create and restore a portable copy(.qbm)
- Open QuickBooks on the same computer where you have taken the backup of the company file.
- Open the original company file as usual.
- Make a portable copy (.qbm) of your company file.
- Now open QuickBooks on the new system.
- Next, restore the company file using the portable copy (.qbm) instead of the backup.
How To Get Technical Help For QuickBooks Error Code 6123?
You can talk to our experts at QuickBooks Tech Support Number +1800-801-4164 if you need any assistance while performing the above step or if the error still exists even after performing the above solution. You can discuss your issues on QuickBooks Live Chat Support. Our technical experts are working round the clock to provide you assistance so that your work does not stop due to QuickBooks issues.