How To Fix QuickBooks Error 80070057
QuickBooks is very sophisticated accounting software which performs all the accounting tasks of any business organizations. But sometimes you may face some errors which can hamper your workflow. QuickBooks Error 80070057 is one such error. When you open QuickBooks, it shows the below messages:
Error: 80070057 the parameter is incorrect
You do not have sufficient permissions to delete files in the specified folder. To use QuickBooks in a multi-user environment, you must have read/write access and create/delete rights to the folder where the company file is stored.
Here we are going to discuss the causes of QuickBooks Error 80070057and how to fix QuickBooks Error 80070057. For any kind of technical assistance, you can contact toll-free QuickBooks Support Number +1888-557-5018.
What Are The Causes Of QuickBooks Error 80070057?
The probable causes of QuickBooks Error 80070057 are mentioned below:
- Instead of opening the file from inside QuickBooks Desktop, you open the company file by double-clicking.
- When you try to open a file and the system is not connected to the network.
- Any anti-virus or firewall is blocking QuickBooks.
- Improper QuickBooks installation.
- Data damage in the company file.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 80070057?
Follow the below methods to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 80070057:
Method 1: Run QuickBooks As Administrator
- Open QuickBooks software on your desktop.
- Right-click the program icon.
- Choose Run as administrator.
Verify if the issue is resolved, else move to the next solution.
Method 2: Open QuickBooks After You Have Logged In QuickBooks
- Click on the Windows Start button and then choose All Programs.
- Select the version of QuickBooks that you want to open.
- Choose the file and click on Open or Restore Company.
Method 3: Move The Company File Folder To Local Drive.
Move your company file folder to move to the local drive of your system i.e. C Drive by which all the computer over the network can access to the file. Now check if the error is resolved.
Method 4: Update QuickBooks To Its Latest Release
You can Update QuickBooks to the latest available version to check if the QuickBooks Error Code 80070057 is resolved.
- Open QuickBooks and go to the Help menu
- Choose the Update QuickBooks
- From Update QuickBooks window then choose Update Now tab to update QuickBooks to its latest version.
Method 5: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
You can use QuickBooks File Doctor to repair damage in QuickBooks if any.
Method 6: Manually Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
Step 1: Rename the .nd file
- Browse and open the folder which has the company file.
- Search for the corresponding .nd file of your company file.
- Now Right-click the .nd file and choose Rename
- Type in .old at the end of the file name. (like MyCompanyFileName.qbw.nd.old)
Step 2: Use QuickBooks Database Server Manager To Rescan Your File
- Press Windows Key and in the search box type Database Server Manager.
- Choose Add Folder to display the Browse Folder window.
- Choose the folder where you have stored company file.
- Choose Ok and then press Scan
- When the scanning is over, reopen the QuickBooks file to check if the issue is resolved.
If the QuickBooks Error 80070057 is still not resolved then move to the next solution.
Method 7: Configure your Firewall Software
You can configure the Firewall software of your system as mentioned to resolve the issue:
- Open Firewall and Internet security in your system to view the latest updates and network access.
- Follow the instructions on your firewall to allow internet access to the QuickBooks files on all system.
- Perform step by step process to set up your firewall to permit Internet access to the QuickBooks files on every system.
How To Get Technical Support For QuickBooks Error Code 80070057?
Hopefully, with the help of the above steps, you can easily sort out QuickBooks Error 80070057 on your system. Our technical experts are always available at toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-557-5018 for any kind of assistance. Our team members are skilled and highly experienced for resolving any kind of QuickBooks related issues in quick time. You can also contact on QuickBooks Live Chat Support any time round the clock.