Being the most reputed accounting software, QuickBooks takes care of all the needs of the businesses as per their needs and requirements. We all are aware of the fact that employees are the most essential asset of a firm. QuickBooks makes it easy for business owners to manage and control all the operations and transactions related to the employees such as paying salaries and other benefits and other employee records in one place. All this is possible with the help of the QuickBooks Payroll feature.
Despite all the advantages that QuickBooks Desktop Payroll provides. QuickBooks runs into a few errors sometimes. QB Error Code PS058 is one of those payroll related errors. In most situations, this error occurs when the user attempts to download & install the newest release of QuickBooks Payroll. QB Error PS058 might have been caused due to some technical error, manual error, or the merger of both the errors.
This blog is all about the ways to rectify the Error Code PS058 in QuickBooks. Following up with the steps that have been mentioned in this blog will allow you to get rid of the problem manually. Moreover, we will be discussing the causes as well because it becomes easier to solve the problem when you are aware of the root reasons behind the error.
Reasons For The Occurrence Of Error PS058 In QuickBooks
At the time when you update your QuickBooks Payroll Software to the latest version, you might get a notification that shows the QuickBooks Error PS058 on your screen. This might happen because of some issues related to software or the software itself might cause this error. Given below is the list of the reasons due to which the error might have been caused:
- This situation might occur when the QuickBooks Company File is not able to be copied to your desktop’s Hard Drive.
- Your Company File in QuickBooks might have been corrupted.
- Another circumstance might be when you try to install the company files in QuickBooks Desktop Software.
Fixing Error Code PS058 In QuickBooks
We are going to provide the users with four methods of resolving the Error PS058 in QB. all the methods are further divided into a few steps that need to be followed up very carefully. All the steps have been mentioned below:
Note: You are required to make sure that whether you have activated your QuickBooks Payroll Subscription or not, prior to following the methods.
Method 1: Update QB Payroll To The Latest Release.
- Navigate to the QuickBooks Desktop and then you need to navigate to the Help section.
- Select the Update QuickBooks option.
- Tap on the Options icon.
- Now, in this step, you need to tap on NO when you get the confirmation window for the Shared Download.
- Once you are done with this, the procedure for the upgrade will start automatically.
- Now you are required to wait until the whole process is completed.
Method 2: Upgrade QuickBooks To Its Latest Version.
- Firstly, you need to ensure that the version of QuickBooks that you are currently using must be the latest one. If not, then download and update the QuickBooks to its newest release.
- Now, you have to run Windows along with the Administrator Rights.
- And then, navigate to the QuickBooks application.
- Open the Help tab and then select the Update QuickBooks option.
- Go to the Options section.
- Mark the Select All option.
- After this, you need to tap on the Save & Close option.
- After the completion of the whole process, you are to Start your computer again and then run the QuickBooks Desktop Software.
Method 3: Identify The Issues In QuickBooks Company File.
- Press Windows + R in order to open the Run Command box.
- Enter QuickBooks in the prompted dialogue box.
- Press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Once the QuickBooks Software starts running on your system, you have to hit the F2 key in order to run the Product Information tab.
- After this, press the F3 key on your keyboard.
- Navigate to the Tech Help section and tap on the Open File option.
- Now, you are required to click twice on the log section.
- To finish the process, you need to scroll down through the page and look for the Errors committed in the content of the file.
Once you identify the errors, it is recommended to troubleshoot them so that you may update the QuickBooks Payroll Software. In order to do so, you are recommended to get into touch with highly experienced QuickBooks ProAdvisors just by dialing QuickBooks Technical Support Number +1800-801-4164 toll-free.
Method 4: Open The Reboot.bat File.
- Close all the tabs where the QuickBooks and other QuickBooks elements are running.
- Navigate to the Task Manager > Processes.
- Frame up the location for the exe process and then you need to shut the tab.
- Go to the Start menu.
- In the search field, you have to type bat and then press the Enter button.
- Now, you need to open the file.
- Once the file has finished processing, you need to close it.
- You are required to run QuickBooks Desktop again when the process completes.
- In the end, you are suggested to attempt the up-gradation of the QB Payroll Software.
QuickBooks Technical Assistance:
In this blog, we have mentioned all the possible methods and steps that are sufficient to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code PS058 manually. However, feel free to contact our QuickBooks Support Team in case you continue to run into the error. You are just a call away from our 24×7 QuickBooks Advanced Services. You just need to dial QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number +1800-300-4164 toll-free.