QuickBooks is preferred by millions of small and mid-sized businesses around the world. It provides end-to-end accounting solutions. QuickBooks is equipped with many high-end features that make it a powerful accounting tool. Multi-user mode is one of such features. This allows multiple users to access a single company file at the same time. It is true that you can face some errors while working on multi-user mode. QB Error H202 is one of such errors. In most cases, this error occurs when you try to handle a QB company file in multi-user mode.
The below-given error message will be popped up on the screen when you try to access a company file hosted on fedora Linux or Citrix:
Problem with multi-user hosting setup. QuickBooks could not open the File in multi-user mode. (H202)
In this blog, we will discuss all the required steps to fix the QB error H202 with ease. If you have any questions or need additional support, you have the option to call us at our toll-free QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1800-306-4146.
Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error H202
The most common causes of QuickBooks Error H202 are given below:
- Damaged or corrupt QuickBooks Company File.
- The Company File location is damaged.
- The QuickBooks Company File is assigned as it’s Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN). However, the company file is hosted by Fedora Linux Server.
- Your Linux is the 64-bit version.
- Your workstation is restricting the access to QB Company File.
Troubleshooting Steps To Fix QB Error H202
When you use the Fedora Linux
Important Tip: The main motto of these steps is to bypass the damaged Domain name server (DNS) in Windows OS. You can get assistance from an IT professional in case you are not fully aware of the steps or have any doubts about the DNS settings.
Step 1: Add The Server’s FQDN To The Hosts File Of Every System Where QB Is Installed
Make sure you follow the steps on every system where QuickBooks is installed.
- Navigate to the etc.
- Start the Run command. You can either press Windows + R or just type run in the windows search bar.
- Type in %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\drivers\etc and hit the Enter key.
- Find the option Hosts and double-tap on it.
- Select notepad from the Programs dropdown and hit enter.
- Insert the Linux Server’s IP address in the next line.
- Hit the Tab key on the keyboard and then insert the Linux server’s Fully Qualified Domain Name.
- Navigate to File and then click on Save.
- Again go to the File and hit the Exit button.
Step 2: Modify The QBGlobalAppConfig.ini File On The Fedora Linux Server
- Navigate to Linux Terminal Window and run QBGlobalAppConfig.ini.
- Locate the default port range and erase the spaces before and after the = sign.
|QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 19.0||55383 = 5||55383=5|
|QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 18.0||55378 = 5||55378=5|
|QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 17.0||55373 = 5||55373=5|
|QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 16.0||55368 = 5||55368=5|
- Save the QBGlobalAppConfig.ini file.
- Shut and rerun the QBDBFILEMON and QBDBMGRN.
Step 3: Make A Mapped Drive
It is essential to create the mapped drive to Linux Server’s IP address in this step.
When you face the QuickBooks Error H202, you can refer to QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303, Or H505.
When You Are Using Citrix Receiver
When Citrix attempts to publish QB using client-side app virtualization, the QuickBooks Error H202 occurs.
Step 1: Open QB In Server-Side Application Virtualization
Intuit does not provide assistance for all the server configuration issues. This is also with Citrix, and this is because of the complexity and the numbers of Citrix server configurations. You can take the help of your IT professionals to fix such configuration issues.
Contact QuickBooks Customer Support Team
The given steps provide all the necessary troubleshooting ways to resolve the QuickBooks Error H202. Once this error is fixed, you can access the QB company file in multi-user mode. If you are still facing any issues and cannot fix the QB Error H202, you can get in touch with us on our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-306-4146. You will be assisted by one of our Intuit certified QuickBooks Experts of Dialsupportnumber.