QuickBooks comes with fantastic features and tools. If you run a small or midsize business, QuickBooks is the ideal accounting software for you. The features such as cash flow management, time tracking, cloud accounting and free unlimited support make QuickBooks the best in the market. Sometimes, you may face some errors while accessing QuickBooks that can interrupt your workflow. Error due to insufficient space is one of them.
But not to worry as there are some easy ways to fix this error. In this blog, we will guide you with all the necessary steps to resolve this error.
This error usually occurs when your computer has less than 1GB of minimum free space. Generally, this error takes place during or after the process of QB Desktop Installer extraction.
You see one of the below-given error messages when this error occurs.
- There is not enough space on drive C: to extract this package.*
- Your system has only xxxMB of free memory. QuickBooks requires at least 1GB of free memory.
You need to follow the given steps carefully to eliminate this error. In case you want additional assistance, you can contact QuickBooks Payroll Support Number +1800-306-4146 and get help from one of the QuickBooks Experts.
Steps To Resolve The Errors Due To Insufficient System Space
For Error: There is not enough space on drive C: to extract this package
The very first thing you need to create a folder and allow access to permission. Plus, you have to delete the cache and temp files.
Step1: Way To Create Folder And Allow Access Permissions
If you use Windows 7,8, or 10:
- Run the Internet Explorer in your system and follow the path: C:Users[Username]AppDataLocalTemp
- Go to the Temp folder and right-tap on it—select Properties from the dropdown.
- Go to the Sharing option and select Share.
- Here, you have to add your current Windows User Profile and QBDataServiceUser. Remember that QBDataServiceUser shows the year edition of the QB you use.
- Allows Full control to the user profiles and then tap the Ok to end the process.
If you use Windows 8.1, there are some different steps you have to take. Those are given below:
- Choose the appropriate folder and go to the Share option.
- In the Share section, go to Advanced Security. Click on Add and then on Select Principal.
- First, choose the required user and hit Ok, then allow Full control by clicking on it. Once you do this, click the Ok option at the bottom of the screen to end the process.
Step 2: Remove The Temporary Files And Cache
- Click on the Windows button on your desktop and type in Run in the search bar.
- Select the Run command from the search result and hit Enter.
- When the Run window opens, you have to type in %temp% in the blank field and click Ok.
- This will open a different folder that contains all the temp files. You can select all the folders in this section. Press Control+A to do this. Hit the Delete key on your keyboard to delete all of them.
- You may face problems to delete some of the temp files if they are active in the background. You can close such files and then try deleting.
- After this, go to the QB installer package and extract it. The filename it gives will always indicate the QB edition and version. The following steps will help you to extract the QB installer package:
- Double-tap on the downloaded file. You will get instruction on your screen to proceed. You have to follow them.
- For extracting purposes, you can use the extractors such as Winzip. If you have any other extractor tool installed, you can use that too.
For Error: Your system has only xxxMB of free memory. QuickBooks requires at least 1GB of free memory.
Method 1: Download And Install QuickBooks Installer
- Open the Run command by following the same steps.
- Type in %temp% in the blank field and hit enter to open the folder that contains all the temporary files.
- Whenever you attempt to run the QB setup, it creates the temp file. You can find that file in this folder and move it to your desktop.
- Open this folder and go to QuickBooks. Locate the XML file here and right-tap on it to Edit.
- You have to find MinRequirements in the Edit window and change it to 0MB from 1000MB.
- To save the changes, you have to go to the File options and right tap on it. From the dropdown, click on the Save option.
- Now, go back to the QB installation Folder and open the file with .exe extension.
Method 2: Use QuickBooks Installer CD
- Insert the QB installation CD. Navigate to the CD Drive and copy QuickBooks and the Third-party to the desktop.
- Make sure you close any pop up that displays on your screen when you insert the CD.
- Once you paste the QB to your desktop from the CD Drive, open it.
- Locate the XML file and right-tap on it. Select the Edit option from the dropdown.
- Find MinRequirements in the Edit window and edit it to 0MB from 1000MB.
- You then have to go to the File options and right-click on it. From the dropdown, click on the Save option.
- Navigate to the installation folder and find the file with .exe extension. Open this file.
Contact QuickBooks Technical Support Department
When you face the errors because of insufficient system space, the given steps will help you to fix them. You have to follow the steps carefully based on the error message you have got. If you still cannot get rid of the errors even after following the steps, you can connect with QuickBooks ProAdvisors of Dialsupportnumber by dialing toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-306-4146.