QuickBooks is a robust accounting solution that provides you various accounting solutions and helps you system to grow. However, you can face various issues in it as well that can hamper your workflow easily. Intuit always recommends QuickBooks users to create a backup of your company files on a regular basis to prevent your data to get lost. However, sometimes you can even face issues while creating a backup of your company file.
If you are also not able to create a backup of your QuickBooks company file then this article can be helpful for you. We will be providing you the steps to resolve the issue QuickBooks backup issues. However, if you want an instant resolution for this error, you can contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-801-4164.
QuickBooks Is Unable To Backup The Company File
The issue occurs when you try to create a backup of your QuickBooks company files. You can face multiple errors while creating a backup of your company file and some of them are as follow:
- Backup is failed
- QuickBooks Error H101/H202/H303/H505 or -6189, -82
- .nd file is damaged or corrupted
- Without moving the .nd file, .qbw file is moved during upgrade process.
Causes For Backup Failure
Knowing the factors that are causing issue can be very helpful for you in resolving the error. Main reasons due to which the backup error occurs are as given below:
- Your QuickBooks company file name contains more than 65 characters.
- You are trying to save the backup file on an external drive.
- Size of the company file is more than 3 GB.
- Other user is currently scanning or using the QuickBooks company file.
- Path of the company file is too long and the characters in the path exceeds 250 characters.
- The QuickBooks company file is saved with an incorrect file extension.
Steps To Fix The Issue
There are chances that you may lose your data when you get a backup error because most the time these backup error occurs when your QuickBooks company files are damaged. You can resolve these issues by following the below mentioned steps:
Solution 1: Renaming The Company File
If you want to create a new company file then you need to create a backup of all your company files. When you create a backup of all your issues, the chances of some mistakes like wrong name and all gets reduced.
You have to create entire Loan Manage again in case you have modified the name of your company files. For that, you need to follow given below steps:
- Open QuickBooks and then go to File > Open > Open or Restore a Company.
- Select your company file and then click on Open.
- Now, press the F2 key to open the Product Information window.
- Copy the file location from the window.
Note: To get the full name of your company file, hover your pointer in ellipsis (…).
- Close all the running QuickBooks company files.
- Open the Windows Explorer by pressing Windows + E keys.
- Paste the folder path in the address bar and hit enter.
- Locate your company file and right-click on the same.
- Select Rename from the drop-down list and enter the new company file name.
- Click on Yes on the confirmation dialog box.
Now, try to create a backup of your file again. If the error is still around then go to the next solution.
Solution 2: Create A New Company File
- From the main menu of QuickBooks go to File > Open or Restore company.
- Select the company file and then select next.
- Select the New Company File name and click on Open.
Solution 3: Backup On Flash Or External Drive
You can take a backup of your files on a flash drive or external drive as well. For this, you need to make sure that the drive is an authorized one otherwise you won’t be allowed to take the backup.
- From the main menu of QuickBooks, go to File > Save Copy or Backup.
- Select Backup and then tap on Next.
- Choose the local backup and select Next.
- You may get a question that says “Where do you want to save your backup copy?” You have to click on Save it now and then click on Next.
- Open the folder where you will be saving the Company file and then click on Save.
- Open the recently created backup file.
- Copy the file and paste it into an external drive.
Contact Us For Support
This article should help you in resolving the QuickBooks backup error. Now, you should be able to create a backup of your QuickBooks company file and you should also be able to restore the same backup file. In case if you are still facing the issue then you can get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1800-801-4164 to get an instant resolution for your issues.