QuickBooks is equipped with a number of top-notch features. The features like payroll, inventory tracking, and invoicing make it one of the best among all the accounting software. But, it is also true that there are some instances when you can experience errors while accessing QuickBooks. It is important to fix such errors quickly as they can create an obstacle in your progress. QuickBooks login errors are one of them. Unstable internet connection or some internet browser settings can lead to such login errors. Some other reasons can also give rise to these errors. You have to check the internet connection first to try fixing this error. If your internet connection is fine, you can try the below-given troubleshooting steps to resolve the errors. Sometimes, these errors can occur because you don’t remember the password. To reset the password, follow the steps given in this blog.
Reason Behind The QuickBooks Online Login Errors
- When you do not sign out properly from the last QuickBooks online session, this error may occur.
- The firewall and antivirus settings are blocking QBO access.
- QB Online is accessed by another user at the same time on a different system.
- The screen displays Error 404.
- QBO server is down. (You have to wait in this case)
Steps To Resolve QuickBooks Online Login Errors
Before you contact QuickBooks Customer Service, you can try some of the steps to resolve the QBO login errors manually.
The QBO dashboard always shows the alert when the website maintenance time is set. But such warnings are ignored by most of the users.
Solution 1: QBO Password Reset
Resetting the password is necessary when you cannot remember your current password. You have to follow some easy steps to reset your QuickBooks Online password.
- Open the QuickBooks homepage.
- Where you usually put the password, an option of Forgot Password is given just below that.
- You have to tap on the Forgot password.
- Give your registered contact number or email id and hit continue.
- You will receive an email from the QB that has the password.
- You can log in with the password sent by the QB.
When you have not forgotten the password but still face the issues, you can try the following troubleshooting methods before you head to try the advanced troubleshooting steps.
- Login to QBO on web browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Web human or Google Chrome. Chrome provides some great features and security. Thus, we recommend users to use it.
- When you start Google Chrome, try logging in concealed mode.
- If you cannot log in, erase the cookies and cache files and then login again.
- Login with someone else’s login credentials if you fail again.
- If this does not work, shut down the PC and switch off the internet modem you use. Give it some time(30 seconds). Switch on the modem and wait till all the lights on the modem start. Then, turn on the PC.
- You might see the loading message when you log back into QuickBooks Online. If this is the case, do not wait to load as sometimes it might take forever. To avoid delay, try the advanced troubleshooting steps.
Here are the advanced troubleshooting steps are given below:
2nd Step: Cross check the net individual and Mozilla Firefox settings.
- Click on the Windows button on the desktop and type Run in the search field. Hit enter on the first search result. Type Inetcpl.cp1 in the Run window and press the Enter key.
- Navigate to the Advanced option. Find the security choices there.
- Tick all the boxes beside SSL pairs of SSL.0 and SSL 3.0 and click on Ok.
- Go back to Mozilla Firefox browser and start the QB home page. Choose the Mozilla browser to sign in. Navigate to tools option in Mozilla and select every pair below the advanced icon three. Enable the SSL 3.0 and TLS 1.0.
- Run the QBO official website in Mozilla firefox. This may fix the error. If it does not, try the next step.
3rd Step: Cross-Check The Additional Privacy Setting And Alter Them
- Ensure to change the privacy settings to low or medium. Sometimes, if you keep the privacy settings on High, it blocks the QuickBooks access.
- You can manually change the access permissions for QuickBooks.
- Alter the setting for cookies.
- Shut the browser and rerun. Try running the QBO to see if the error has been eliminated.
Change Settings In Internet Explorer
- Open the Run command and type inetcpl.cpl in the search bar. Press the Enter button.
- Find security choices in Advanced Settings options.
- Save and choose the encrypted page.
How To Contact QuickBooks Technical Support Team?
If you follow the given steps correctly, you can resolve the QBO login issues. You should also understand the exact cause behind the occurrence of the error to use the required troubleshooting steps. This will help in error resolution. But, if the error is still around even after trying all the steps, please feel free to call on the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-306-4146 to talk to QuickBooks ProAdvisors of DIalsupportnumber.
Alternatively, you can go to the bottom-right corner of this screen and tap on the QuickBooks Live Chat Support Button to contact the QuickBooks Experts. Once you click on the chat icon, a form will appear on your screen with multiple text fields. Input your details and click on the Submit button. One of our QuickBooks Experts will connect with you within a short period of time.
You can always rely on our QuickBooks Technical Support Department to get instant solutions for all possible QB Error codes and issues. We also provide data conversion support and Technical support for the latest QB version like the QuickBooks 2020 software.