QuickBooks Point of Scale is integrated with QuickBooks software so that users can easily enjoy some of its top-class features such as customer management, tracking inventory, automating the overall banking process, and employee management. However, there are some errors that are associated with the QB POS software. QuickBooks POS Socket Error 11004 is one such error that can be frustrating as it affects your workflow. QuickBooks POS Error 11004 is from the series called Socket Errors in QB. Users most commonly experience this error when they try to use the credit card or settle its batch at the end of the day.
The most common cause of this error is the interruption due to the problematic internet connection. When you have a stable internet connection, there are very fewer chances of the occurrence of this error. Apart from this reason, a corrupted POS update installation file can also lead to QB POS Socket Error 11004.
Steps To Resolve The QuickBooks POS Socket Error 11004
Users can try some basic troubleshooting steps to eliminate this error before turning to the major resolution methods.
These basic steps are given below:
- Reboot your modem or router and check if you get stable internet connectivity.
- Reboot the system as this may fix the error.
- Ensure you have permission to work on web pages.
- Check if the date and time on your system are correct.
- If you are a V9 user, set up multiple systems and check if the issue is resolved.
We will now discuss the main resolutions steps to fix the QuickBooks POS Socket Error 11004.
Step 1: Check The Internet Connection Settings In Your System
First, check the QB Point of Scale Communication Setup
- Run the File menu in QuickBooks Point of Scale. Choose the Preferences tab and then tap on Company.
- Select Merchant & Gift Services and then click on Communication Setup.
- You have to follow the onscreen instructions to go ahead. In the end, tap on Change to this computer. Then tap the save buttons and retry this step.
Then Modify Your Communication Setup
- Follow the path in QB POS: File Menu>Preferences>Company.
- Then select the Merchant & Gift Services to reach Communication Setup. Open the Communication setup.
- In the Internet Connection Setup tab, choose to Use the following connection and tap on the other internet connection option.
- If this option is already marked, then you have to My Computer’s internet connection settings. Once you edit this, move ahead and end the process by taping the done button.
Step 2: Reset The Browser Settings To Default If You Use One Of The Internet Explorer 8 Or Later Versions
- You have to press the Alt key on the keyboard when you are in the IE.
- This will pop up one window where you need to click on Tools.
- From the available options, click on Internet Options and Hit Ok to reset the IE internet settings to default.
Step 3: Edit The Windows Firewall Settings
In case you have enabled the Windows Firewall on your system, make sure it allows the internet access to eftsvr.exe. Furthermore, port 8443 should be compulsorily open in order to generate the incoming and outgoing traffic.
It is possible to fix the QB Point of Scale Socket Error 11004 on your own. However, some of the steps might seem complicated if you are not a pro to the windows firewall settings or IE internet settings. In such cases, you take help from QuickBooks experts to resolve this socket error.
Contact QuickBooks Support Team
The QuickBooks POS Socket Error can restrict you from accessing the POS app. The given steps can be used to eliminate this error manually. However, if the given steps fail to fix the QuickBooks Error 11004, you can get in touch with the QuickBooks Tech Support Team of Dialsupportnumber. They are the third-party support providers for QuickBooks. You can contact them on the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-801-4164 and consult the issue with one of the Intuit certified QB experts. You will be guided thoroughly with the required resolution methods.