If you are new business owner or you are running multiple stores, QuickBooks Point of Sale is the best option for you to manage your business. It comes with many great features like Ring Sales, Tracking Inventory, Basic Reporting, Customer Data Tracking, etc. But we cannot simply ignore the fact that QB POS users also run into errors like the QuickBooks POS Socket Error 10060. We categorize this error as a connection timeout error. You will run into this error when you try to process a payment via a debit/credit card. What do you do if you are facing the QB Point of Sale Error 10060?
You should call on the toll-free QuickBooks POS Support Phone Number +1800-306-4146 to connect with the Intuit certified team of Dialsupportnumber. They offer call and chat support services to QB users all over the world.
What Causes The QuickBooks POS Error 10060?
When you are using a credit or debit card for a certain transaction, make sure that you internet connection is active and stable. Otherwise, you will start facing errors like the QB POS Error code 10060 and QuickBooks POS Error 10061. You can learn more by contacting us.
Common causes for QuickBooks POS Error 10060
- Poor or unstable internet connection.
- You are encountering socket connection issues.
- Security applications like Anti-virus and Firewall blocking internet connectivity for QB.
- EFT server issues.
How To Resolve QuickBooks POS Error 10060?
Follow the steps given below and apply them carefully to manually resolve this error or contact the QuickBooks Support Team.
Solution 1: If Socket Is Not Connected
- Make sure the socket connection is active and stable.
- Double-check that all the wires are well connected and not loose.
- Open your QuickBooks POS and check if that resolve the error 10060. If you are still facing the error then move on to the next solution.
Solution 2: If Security Software Blocks Network Connection
- First of all, disable all the security applications that are installed on your computer.
- Now, reopen your QuickBooks and try to do the transaction again.
- This will most probably resolve the error for you. If this did not resolve the error 10060 of QB POS then move on the third solution.
Solution 3: Workstation In Use
- Open your QuickBooks and go to the Edit menu.
- Choose Preferences.
- Tap on the Communication setup option.
- Mark “Use this computer for all credit card and debit transaction” option. Choose Change To This Computer.
- Click on the Save Now button.
- Close this window.
- Now, go back to your desktop and reopen your QuickBooks POS software.
- Go to Tools window and click on User Information.
- Make sure that WS-EFT server is selected under workstation.
- Click on the Yes button.
- Check if this solution resolved the error. If the error is still persisting then head to the next solution.
Solution 4: Create a New Data File
- Open your QuickBooks POS and click on the File Menu.
- Choose Company Data option.
- Click on the New button.
- Click on the text field and type in “Test” and give a name to the new data file.
- Open Edit menu and choose Preferences.
- Select Company.
- Choose Merchant Service and enter the information.
- Re-open your QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- Try to process the card again.
Note: If you are able to run the EFT then the problem is within your original file. In such a case, we highly recommend that you get in touch with the QuickBooks Experts.
Get QuickBooks Technical Support For Error 10060
We are hoping that by applying the above given steps, you were able to resolve the QuickBooks POS Error 10060. However, our QuickBooks Point of Sale experts are always available at toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-306-4146 for any kind of assistance. You can also contact us by using the QuickBooks Live Chat Support which is at the bottom-right corner of your screen.