In this article, we will provide the exact troubleshooting steps to resolve the QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 176104. QB POS users run into the QB POS Error 176104 while trying to open the QB Desktop Point of Sale on a client workstation.
You will run into the following error message:
“Warning: 176104 QuickBooks Point of Sale is not activated on the server workstation.”
You can read and perform the steps given in this article to manually resolve the POS Error Code 176104 of QB or call on the toll-free QuickBooks POS Support Phone Number +1866-644-7717.
What Causes QuickBooks POS Error Code 176104?
According to the certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors of Dialsupportnumber, these are major causes for the error code 176104 of QuickBooks Point of Sale:
- You are using an unregistered server copy of the QB POS software.
- You are running a client copy of QB POS before running the server copy for the first time.
- The Intuit Entitlement Service has stopped functioning.
- Damage in the Entitlement Client Data files can also trigger this error.
- Firewall active on your computer is halting or blocking POS files in real-time.
- You are facing network connectivity issues.
- Damaged or corrupted QuickBooks POS Installation.
Solutions For QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 176104
The QuickBooks Experts recommend these five solutions to resolve this error. In some cases, the first solution may solve the QuickBooks Error 176104, but if it doesn’t, perform all the solutions.
Make sure that you follow the solutions in the order they are given.
Solution 1: Sync license
- To begin the process, go to the server computer.
- Now, open the Help section and click on Manage My License.
- Choose Sync License Data Online.
- Wait until the synchronization process of your license is complete.
- Re-open your QB POS software and check if this resolved the POS error 176104.
Solution 2: Verify That Point Of Sale Services Are Running Properly
- Open Run command by pressing Windows+R.
- In the text field, type services.msc.
- Now, you need to search for Intuit Entitlement Service vx.x in the Services window.
- Once you find the Intuit Entitlement Service vx.x, double-click on it.
- Check the Service status.
- If it is stopped, tap on Start for modifying the status.
- In case the Service Status is already set to Started, select Stop and then restart the service.
- Click on the OK button.
- Now, go back and reopen your QuickBooks POS software to check if this solution resolved the error code 176104 of QB Point of Sale. If you are still encountering the error, move on to the next solution.
Solution 3: Clear the Entitlement Client data files
- Head to C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\vx.x.
- Now, hit Ctrl+A on your keyboard for selecting all the files.
- Now, press Delete on your keyboard.
- If any confirmation window appears on your screen, click on the OK button.
- Reopen your QB POS and start the registration process once again.
Solution 4: Configure Windows Firewall On Client & Server Workstations
- Check out Firewall configuration for QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale for more information or contact QuickBooks Experts.
- Reopen your QuickBooks POS after reconfiguring your Firewall.
- If you are still encountering the QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 176104, perform the next solution.
Solution 5: Re-Install QuickBooks Point of Sale
If none of the above given solutions resolve the error 176104 of QB POS, then you can try to re-install the software. Clean reinstallation is every now and then necessary to help fix error codes like QB POS Error 176104, which pop-up while installing or running the POS software.
Contact QuickBooks Experts For Technical Support
If you are struggling in performing the five solutions and need technical assistance, get in touch with the certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors. Pick up your phone and call on the toll-free USA QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-644-7717 to contact the QB POS Experts.
Otherwise, click on the QuickBooks Chat Support icon to chat with the QuickBooks Support Team right now. Our QB chat support and call support service is available 24×7 and for all QuickBooks desktop versions like Pro, Premier, Enterprise, Point of Sale.
Do you want to upgrade your QuickBooks to the latest 2020 version? Contact us to get the latest QB edition.