Famous for serving the most efficient accounting and bookkeeping services to the users, QuickBooks Desktop software takes care of the business requirements of all the small and medium scale business owners. QuickBooks Accounting and Bookkeeping Software provides innumerable features that an organization requires in performing the financial business operations on a daily basis. However, a few times, QuickBooks comes across errors that cannot be ignored at all. These issues and errors create a big blunder in the workflow of the enterprise.
Errors related to the portable QuickBooks Company File is one of those errors that may look small but are dangerous for the bookkeeping and other financial reports of the firm.
If you are not able to run the portable Company File that you have created, in that case, this is the appropriate blog post for you.
This is a common issue that often occurs while you run or create a portable QB company file (.qbm). You are going to receive a popup error message whenever you run into this issue. Do not ignore this error thinking that it is a small problem and will not create a hindrance. You must find solutions so that you can fix this error manually. Once you are done with the solving process, you will get access to the creation of the File’s copy and then proceed with generating a portable QuickBooks Company File. For instant assistance, feel free to contact our Intuit certified ProAdvisors that are highly skilled and Qualified. Dial QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number +1800-801-4164 toll-free.
Techniques To Resolve Issues In QB Portable Company File
Technique 1: Creation Of Company File’s Manual Copy
A few fundamental reasons might cause the errors related to your Company File in QuickBooks, for instance, problems in the location of your company file. To eliminate this, you may generate the Original Company File’s copy and once you are done with that, attempt to make a portable file.
- Open Window Explorer by pressing Windows + E.
- And then navigate to the location of your Company File Folder.
Whenever you get the error message, you are supposed to perform the steps that are given below as per the circumstances under which you are encountering the issue:
When the user was making the QuickBooks portable Company File:
- Navigate to the folder where the original company file is located (.QBW).
- Tap CTRL + C in order to copy the company file after pointing up the QuickBooks Company File.
- Now, you are required to paste the file on the Desktop by pressing CTRL + V.
- Do not open the Company File while programming the QuickBooks Software.
- Go to the File Menu and then click on the Opening or restore an existing file and once you are done doing this, you have to choose the Open a company file option.
- In this step, you are required to click on the file that you have pasted on the desktop as per the third step.
- Now open the Company File, and then select the Create Copy option.
- You have to navigate to the Portable Company File.
- Tap on the Next option.
- To finish the process of creating the QuickBooks Company File, follow the instructions that pop-up on your screen.
You may commence utilizing the company file that has been converted into the portable version, in case the Portable QuickBooks Company File runs without displaying any issue. You are required to give another name to the QuickBooks Company File in order to avoid the situation where both company files start clashing with one another.
On the other hand, you can move on to the succeeding step if any error is displayed on the screen.
Technique 2: Running A Sample Company File
You may run a sample company file so that you can ensure the smooth processing of the QuickBooks Portable Company File in case you run into any issue or error.
- Open Run Command Dialogue box by pressing Windows + R.
- Select Open a Sample File after opening the File menu.
- Now, from the sample QuickBooks company file, you are required to make a QuickBooks Portable Company File.
- As the next step, save the QuickBooks Portable Company File to a folder on the desktop of your system.
- Select the Close Company/Logoff section once you navigate to the File tab.
- In the end, the user may run the portable QuickBooks company file that he has made in the QuickBooks sample company file.
Now, you need to check whether you are able to restore the company file unaccompanied by errors and issues. If you are not encountering any of them, in that case, you may proceed with your further operation in the QuickBooks Portable Company File.
But, if there is an error, then you need to troubleshoot the QuickBooks Company File Data Damage.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Company File
All the techniques that have been mentioned above are sufficient to create and run the Portable QuickBooks Company File. However, sometimes users run into errors that are a little difficult to fix. In that case, you need to get connected to the QuickBooks ProAdvisors who are ready 24×7 at your service so that all your QuickBooks related issues and queries can be resolved efficiently. You are just a call apart from the best of the QuickBooks Technical Support Service. You need to dial QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-801-4164 toll-free.