QuickBooks is a pioneer in account and financial management software. More than 80% of small and medium size business organizations in the USA are using QuickBooks. Intuit has equipped QuickBooks with smart and advanced features which help business owners and accountants to do their job easily and accurately. One such feature is using a file in QuickBooks at multiple workstations. This feature allows users to use same QuickBooks file at multiple locations which saves time and reduces errors. Here in this article we are going to learn How To Set Up A Multi-User Network for QuickBooks. If you need any type of assistance for QuickBooks, then you can call on QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-801-4164.
Set Up A Multi-User Network
If you want to set up a multi-user network you have to follow the below steps:
Step 1: Download And Install QuickBooks Desktop
Keep your license and product number ready with you before starting the process. You can Download QuickBooks from the official website an install it on your system. Once downloaded, you need to install and run the software in order to use it.
Step 2: Set Up Folder Permissions To Share Company Files
There are few steps that you have to perform in order to setup folder permission to share company files. The steps are listed below:
- Check that permissions are set correctly
- Change Folder permissions
- Set Windows access permissions to share company files
Step 3: Configure Firewall and Internet Security Settings For QuickBooks Desktop
You can run QuickBooks File Doctor on the system which will automatically opens firewall ports. This tool can be used to configure Windows Firewall.
Step 4: Set Up The QuickBooks Database Server Manager And Scan Your File
- You have to perform few steps in order to setup QuickBooks Database Server Manager on the system. Install QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Update QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Setup Database Manager and then Scan your company files.
Step 5: Add Windows Admin Rights To Allow Configuration Of Multi User Access
In order to setup multi user environment in QuickBooks, you have to provide Administrator rights to the Windows user.
Step 6: Open A Company File That Is Located On A Remote Computer
Install the QuickBooks Database Manager on the remote computer
- Download and Install QuickBooks on the main computer
- Open File menu and then click Switch to Multi-user Mode.
- Select Ok
- Add the necessary users by going to Company > Set Up Users and Passwords > Set Up Users > Add User.
Locate then open the company file
- From the File menu, select Open or Restore Company.
- Select Open a company file and then click Next.
- Search the location of the company file and click on the company file (with file extension .qbw) from the list and select Open.
- Type your user name and password, If required.
Turn on Hosting
QuickBooks uses Database File Manger to interact with the company file. You have to turn on hosting for the Host computer or where the company file is kept. Do not turn on Hosting for workstation.
- Open QuickBooks File menu and then click on Utilities.
- Select Host Multi-User Access.
- Choose Yes on the confirmation window.
How To Get Technical Support?
With the help of above steps you can easily setup multi-users in QuickBooks. For any type of technical assistance, you can contact QuickBooks Tech Support Number +1800-801-4164. Our experts are very skilled and reliable to sort out any type of QuickBooks issues. You can also reach them on QuickBooks Chat Support.