We all know that Intuit’s QuickBooks has just come up with its new version QuickBooks Desktop Software 2021. Just like other years, this year as well, QuickBooks has introduced new and advanced features. It has been updated with the latest user interface that lets you access your reports and tracks of other data in an effortless manner. Although, in order to use the latest version of QuickBooks, QB 2021, you need to set up your system in such a way that it can fulfil all the requirements that are needed for the installation of the latest update. The system requirements for QuickBooks Software 2021 are a little from the ones related to the previous version i,e, QuickBooks Desktop 2020. Are you looking for the configurations that your system might need for the update? Then, in that case, this article is perfect for you as we have mentioned all the configurations that your system needs before updating your QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version.
Read this Article before you purchase QuickBooks Desktop Software 2021. This piece of information will let you know about all the requirements for QB Desktop 2021. For more information, you can directly get into touch with our Intuit certified ProAdvisors Support Team so that you can get assistance for updating your QuickBooks Desktop Software to the latest version.
- Windows 10; all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows 8.1; all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows Server 2019; Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2016; Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2012 R2; Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2012, Standard and Essentials
NOTE: you are required to use the Windows natively. Moreover, you need to avoid using it with the help of an emulator or virtual environment.
|Windows (Natively Installed)||Windows Server 2019, Standard and EssentialsWindows Server 2016, Standard and EssentialsWindows Server 2012 R2, Standard and EssentialsWindows Server 2012,Standard and EssentialsWindows 10Windows 8.1|
|Linux (only installation; when using QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions Database Server)||OpenSuse Leap 15.1, 15.2Fedora 31, 32Red Hat Enterprise 8 (RHEL 8)|
A good internet access is required for the latest version QuickBooks Desktop 2021 and it is best used with Internet Explorer and all the later versions.
Hardware And Operating System Requirements
|Processor||2.4 GHz minimum|
|RAM||4GB (minimum), 8GB (Recommended)|
|Server RAM Requirements||1-5 Users: 8GB RAM10 Users: 12GB RAM15 Users: 16GB RAM20 Users: 20+ GB RAM|
|Disk Space||2.5GB of space for disk (additional might be required for the data files.)Additional Software: 60mb for Microsoft .NET 4.7 Runtime (provided in the QuickBooks CD.)Additional Requirements for Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks Connected Services contributions:4GB RAM (minimum)You need to double the size of the largest file that is assigned for backup + 100mb or double the size of restoring. This space is required for the work folder LocalApplicationData + Intuit/Intuit Data Protect.Note: you are suggested to use a Solid State Drive (SSD) in order to get the best performance.|
|Windows||Windows’ US versionOnce set to English, Regional settings are supported.In order to access the Multi-User Mode, admin access is required for the serverIt should be locally installed and on the other hand it should not be utilized on remote or virtual environments.|
|Optical drive||A 4X DVD-ROM drive is required for physical CD installations.|
|Screen resolution||1280X124 is the best display resolution and 2 more extended screens/monitors can be added.Best optimized for Default DPI settings for a specific system/network.|
Other Hardware Devices
- Zebra TC20/TC25/TC51 Mobile Computer is recommended (Android 4.4 & above)
- Zebra MC40 Mobile Computer (Android 4.4 & above)
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 21.0 also subsidizes:
- Honeywell Voyager 1602g Pocket Barcode Scanner
- Socket Mobile CHK7CI
- Symbol CS3070
QuickBooks can be indulged with multiple Third-Party applications easily. This particular section of the article covers the fundamental and essential applications that you can integrate with the QuickBooks Desktop Software:
- Microsoft Office:
- Office 2019
- Office 2016 (including Outlook 2016) both on 32 and 64-bit.
- Office 2013 and 365 (Including Outlook 2013) both on 32 and 64-bit.
NOTE: Microsoft 365 is only supported when the installation is done locally, not the web version.
- Email estimates, invoices, and other forms with the Microsoft Outlook 2016-2019, Microsoft Outlook With Microsoft 365, Gmail, Yahoo Mail and Outlook.com, Other SMTP-supporting email clients.
- Preparing letters requires Microsoft Word 2019, 2016, 2013, or Microsoft 365 (includes 64-bit).
- Exporting reports requires Microsoft Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, or Microsoft 365 (includes 64-bit)
- Contact Synchronisation with Microsoft Outlook needs Outlook 2019 (32-bit), 2016, or 2013
- Syncing with Outlook needs QuickBooks Contact Sync for Outlook.
NOTE: Contact Sync does not work with the Microsoft Business Contact Manager Outlook plu-in, therefore, syncing can cause duplicate records.
- QuickBooks Point Of Sale V19.0, V18.0 and V12.0.
- Turbo Tax 2020, 2019 and 2018 (Personal and Business)
- Lacerte 2020, 2019, and 2018.
- Pro-Series tax years 2020, 2019, and 2018.
- Quicken 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017 and 2016.
- QuickBooks Desktop for MAC 2021, 2020, 2019 and 2016.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Business Planner, Payroll, and viewing forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or later.
- Payroll and all other online features and services need Internet access with at least a 56 kbps connecting speed (1mbps suggested). DSL or cable modem is advised.
- Gmail, Yahoo Email, Windows Mail, Hotmail and AOL (i.e. Mozilla Thunderbird Email Client which handles the simple version).
- Internet Explorer 11.
Antimalware And Antivirus Software Compatibility
QuickBooks Desktop Pro and Premier 2021, and QuickBooks Enterprise version 2020 has been successfully checked with the Antivirus and Antimalware programs that are mentioned in the list given below. And for further information, you may contact your antivirus manufacturer.
- Trend Micro Security
- Panda Dome
We hope that all the information that is mentioned above regarding the system requirements for QuickBooks Desktop 2021 will help you. You might be clear about all the requirements that your computer needs in order to switch to the latest version of QuickBooks. If not, we advise you to upgrade your system configurations because new QuickBooks Data files might not work on the older data file systems. So, if you have any type of query regarding the upgradation of QuickBooks Desktop Software to the latest version, you can get in contact with our 24×7 QuickBooks Data Service Support Team by dialing QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1800-306-4146 toll-free. Our Proadvisors will provide you with full-fledged solutions.