Intuit has just announced the release of 2020 version of all QuickBooks Products (Pro, Premier, Enterprise, and POS). The newer versions of QuickBooks come pre-loaded with innumerable new accounting features which will make your life easier. Read the minimum system requirements required to run QB 2020 versions before purchasing them.
To get the best experience from your QuickBooks, read this article to very end or get in touch with the QuickBooks Support Team of Dialsupportnumber. Call on the 24×7 available QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1800-306-4146 to connect with us.
- Windows 10, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows 8.1 (Update 1), all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows 7 SP1, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed (only supported until January 2020)
- Windows Server 2019, and Essentials
- Windows Server 2016, and Essentials
- Windows Server 2012 R2, and Essentials
- Windows Server 2012, and Essentials
- Windows Small Business Server 2011, Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (only supported until January 2020)
Note: We suggest all our readers to use Microsoft Windows OS as QuickBooks does not function properly on virtual platforms.
|Windows (natively installed)||Windows Server 2019, and EssentialsWindows Server 2016, and EssentialsWindows Server 2012 R2, and EssentialsWindows Server 2012, and EssentialsWindows Server 2011Windows Small Business Server 2011, Standard and EssentialsWindows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (only Supported until January 2020)Windows 10Windows 8.1 (update 1)Windows 7 SP1 (Enterprise and Professional editions only) (only supported until January 2020)|
|Linux (when using QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions Database Server-only installation)||OpenSuse 42.3Fedora 29Red Hat Enterprise 7 (RHEL 7.4)|
You need to have Internet Explorer 11 (32-bit) or newer version to run QuickBooks.
Hardware and Operating system requirements (client and server)
|Processor||2.4 GHz minimum|
|RAM||4GB minimum, 8GB Recommended Server RAM Requirements1-5 Users: 8 GB RAM10 Users: 12 GB RAM15 Users: 16 GB RAM20+ Users: 20+ GB RAM|
|Disk space||2.5GB of disk space (additional required for data files)Additional software: 60MB for Microsoft .NET 4.6 Runtime, provided on the QuickBooks CDAdditional requirements for Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks Connected Services offerings (applies to the US only).Require minimum 4.0GB RAM.Twice the size of the largest file set to back up + 100MB or twice the size to restore. The space is only required from the work folder LocalApplicationData+”Intuit\Intuit Data Protect”. Note: Use the Solid State Drive to store your QuickBooks data files for best performance.|
|Windows||US version of Windows.The English language needs to be set to make it compatible for regional settings.You should be having Administrator rights for server computer while hosting multi-user access.Natively installed – It means that QuickBooks was installed on a specific system or environment for which it was designed. It also means that it doesn’t require to run on a virtual environment or emulation software.|
|Optical Drive||4X DVD-ROM drive required for CD installations (unless QuickBooks is downloaded from Intuit server).|
|Screen Resolution||Display optimized for 1280 x 1024 screen resolution or higher with up to 2 extended monitors. Best optimized for Default DPI setting for a given computer.|
Note: Make sure that your Internet connection is stable and secure.
It is really simple and easy to integrate your QuickBooks with various third-party applications like Timesheets, Shopify, etc. You can also integrate your QuickBooks with the following apps:
- Microsoft Office:
- Office 2016 (including Outlook 2016) both on 32 and 64-bit.
- Office 2010 SP2, Office 2013 and 365 (For Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013 both) both on 32 and 64 bits. Note: Office 365 is only compatible for the local installation and not with the web version.
- Email Estimates, Invoices and other forms with Microsoft Outlook 2010-2016, Microsoft Outlook with Office 365, Gmail, Yahoo! Mail and Outlook.com, other SMTP-supporting e-mail clients.
- For creating or preparing letters, you require Microsoft Word 2016, 2013, or 2010 or Office 365 (includes 64-bit).
- To export reports, you require Microsoft Excel 2016, 2013, or 2010 SP2 or Office 365 (includes 64-bit).
- Contact Synchronization with Microsoft Outlook requires Outlook 2010 (32-bit).
- To sync QuickBooks with Outlook, you require QuickBooks contact sync for outlook (the download is available at no charge). Note: You may contact sync won’t work with the Microsoft Business Contact Manager Outlook plug-in. Syncing could cause duplicate records.
- QuickBooks Point of Sale V18.0 and V12.0
- TurboTax 2019, 2018 (Personal and Business)
- Lacerte 2019, 2018
- Pro-Series tax years 2018-2020 (For US only)
- Quicken 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016
- QuickBooks for Mac 2020, 2019, 2016
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Business Planner, Payroll and viewing forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or later.
- Payroll and other online features and services require Internet access with at least a 56 Kbps connection speed (1 Mbps recommended). DSL or cable modem is recommended.
- Gmail, Yahoo Email, Windows Mail, Hotmail and AOL (i.e Mozilla Thunderbird Email Client*). Note: *Supports plain text version in Mozilla.
- Internet Explorer 11
Firewall & Antivirus Software Compatibility
We have tested QuickBooks Pro 2020, Premier 2020 and 20.0 with the following firewall and anti-virus software:
Note: If you are facing any issues with your QuickBooks then you can contact our QuickBooks Support team for configuring your software.
- Windows Server Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 8.1 Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 7 Firewall (all editions)
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- Bit defender
- Malware bytes
Note: QuickBooks is capable of working with systems running RAID (Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks) but we do not recommend it.
QuickBooks for Mac 2020
Minimum system requirements
- Minimum macOS 10.14 (Mohave); supported by macOS 10.14 (Mojave).
- Intel processor, Core 2 Duo or higher.
- Multiuser Server: Intel Core 2 Duo or higher processor to run a server.
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB RAM recommended).
- 250 MB of available disk space.
- CD/DVD drive or Internet connection for downloaded installation.
- Printer: 100% Macintosh-compatible printer, if you will be printing invoices, checks, deposit slips, lists, purchase orders, mailing labels, reports, or graphs.
- Checks: You can use Intuit Checks if you want to print checks. Canadian Image Ready Checks are not supported.
- Product registration required.
- Exporting report data: For this, you should have Apple Numbers v3.5, Microsoft Excel 2016 or later, including Mac Office 365.
- Emailing: For this, you should have Apple Mail, Microsoft Outlook 2016 or later, including Mac Office 365.
- Payment: For this, you must have Intuit Merchant Service if you want to accept payments from credit or debit cards or both. Also, you should purchase the Merchant Service for QuickBooks for Mac separately. Debit card transactions are done as Signature Debit, and they do not need any kind of PIN code.
- Payroll: The services that are
compatible with your QuickBooks for MAC:
- Intuit QuickBooks Payroll for Mac
- Intuit Full-Service Payroll
- Top Pay from Aatrix
Important: If you want to QuickBooks Payroll for Mac then make sure that you have active and stable internet connection. Also, keep your EIN handy. An additional fee is chargeable for Printing checks and forms also require Adobe Reader.
- Mac apps: QuickBooks Desktop for Mac can be synced with Apple’s Calendar, Messages, and contacts.
- File conversion: QuickBooks for Mac 2020
- One-way conversion to QuickBooks Online
- One-way conversion from QuickBooks Desktop for Windows 2016 to 2019
- Two-way conversion from and to QuickBooks Desktop 2020.
Get QuickBooks 2020 Support
We are hoping that you found reading this article worth your time. If you are looking to get any QuickBooks 2020 product then get in touch with us. Call on the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-306-4146 if you have any questions regarding the latest QuickBooks 2020.